Racing Licenses

oclv110

Can someone please tell me what license I need for this year. I race in VB (35-39)The lady at CSA in CT tells me that I don't need the R350 racing license. What category will I be racing in this year as I believe it has changed according to your seeding. My current seeding is 6.8.

Thank you.

What and where do you want to race? In terms of Cape Town - you don't need the R350 license for the Summer League. I'm not sure where you are from? And what seeding is 6.8... PPA?

AFIK the R350 is only if you want to race for SA or your province, otherwise the normal R75 liscence is fine and you can ride all the event with it

i was informed that you only need the full racing licence if you want to compete in SA Championchips and if you are part of Pro racing team.

Otherwise you can do all races with the csa Membership only.

Thank you. I live in Gauteng and only race in the vets VB category.Does anybody know how the seeding will work for this year.

From what I understand (but I may be wrong) yes you need the full race license if you want to take part in events such as SA's but I also understand that if you want to race as part of a team in Cat 2 (and above) you need the full race license and in order to race / qualify in Cat 2 you need a seeding index of lower than 12.

VA, VB etc... is a thing of the past and if I understand it correctly a guy like yourself (unless you're riding on a Cat 2 Team) will then go into the open category where you race against people with similar seeding indexes regardless of age etc...

Thank you. So for racing in Cat 2 I will need the racing license

Thats how I understand it but like I said I could be wrong, best would be to contact CSA, thats what we're going to do, we're putting a Cat 2 team together but have one or 2 riders who are just outside of the required seeding index.

Can someone please tell me what license I need for this year. I race in VB (35-39)The lady at CSA in CT tells me that I don't need the R350 racing license. What category will I be racing in this year as I believe it has changed according to your seeding. My current seeding is 6.8.

Thank you.

Hi,

I emailed Cisca yesterday and she said that the racing snakes will need to take a full racing license if they want to race in Cat 2 or 3. Cat 1 is for registered teams.

If you have a Cyclelab seeding of 6.8 then you would be a racing snake :-)

Also, the license is R425. R75 CSA membership plus R350 racing license.

I wonder what happens to all the money that CSA gets in????????

50k a month salaries for the head honcho's...... long stay's in luxury hotels.....

The cost of cycling has become worse than golf.... at least membership to a golf course gets you access to a well maintained course to play on. Cyclists get f--all

I wonder what happens to all the money that CSA gets in????????

50k a month salaries for the head honcho's...... long stay's in luxury hotels.....

The cost of cycling has become worse than golf.... at least membership to a golf course gets you access to a well maintained course to play on. Cyclists get f--all

Whats up with all your negative posts all over thehub? You've not got a good thing to say about anything or anyone on thehub! Why not try a more constructive approach and actually try contribute in terms of idea's or problem areas with some sort of suggestions rather than just slate everyone? yes there are issues with CSA at present, we all agree but if your comments are not contributing in anyway, why even comment.

Your remarks on this particular post are totally unrelated and of no particular substance!

Why not take up golf instead of cycling and do us all a favor!

Whats up with all your negative posts all over thehub? You've not got a good thing to say about anything or anyone on thehub! Why not try a more constructive approach and actually try contribute in terms of idea's or problem areas with some sort of suggestions rather than just slate everyone? yes there are issues with CSA at present, we all agree but if your comments are not contributing in anyway, why even comment.

Your remarks on this particular post are totally unrelated and of no particular substance!

Why not take up golf instead of cycling and do us all a favor!

this is a free forum

I can say what ever I want!

i have contributed a lot to cycling in last 15 years what have you done

this is a free forum

I can say what ever I want!

i have contributed a lot to cycling in last 15 years what have you done

Absolutely agree with you its a free forum hence me pointing out that I don't particularly agree with all of your negative posts, I'm not going to get into a bickering contest with you, I've made my point take from it what you will.

Amoryn....jup...jy gaan liksens nodig he.

Sal in Cat 2 of Cat 3 val afhangende van jou seeding. Klink my eerste 3 maande gaan Superseeding gebruik word, van daar af CSA.

Darkhorse.....yes, you can say what you want.....but stay on topic. You want to bitch, go do it on the other 4 000 bitching threads. :angry: