Road vs MT Biking Attitudes

janneman72

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought having an iPhone (any apple product really) is like saying I'm a homesexual mini driver.

:blink:

Sis man! I have an iPod, now I dont like it any more.... Heheh :lol:

Erm - Mampara. Not sure if your point is made or moot.

What the hell is a true mountainbiker doing on Ontdekkers?

If he is riding a Spez 29'r then he is more than likely a roadie MTB wannabee. :lol:

I do agree that Karma be da bee!tch tho' :P

now lets pizzz off a whole subset of bikes, Spez riders should be in their own classification regardless if its road or MTB.

now lets pizzz off a whole subset of bikes, Spez riders should be in their own classification regardless if its road or MTB.

now we talking! :clap:

ohh wait...I ride a spez but greet everybody...but just incase I need them to help me at a later stage if they find me in the dirt on the trail

now we talking! :clap:

ohh wait...I ride a spez but greet everybody...but just incase I need them to help me at a later stage if they find me in the dirt on the trail

I wonder if the same applies the Dogma riders as Merc drivers??

dam! and I drive a merc, guess I am the devil :P

So here goes:

HELLO EVERYBODY!!

and if I see you on my way home just flash me and I will let you in!

Edited by mark ellis

So here goes:

HELLO EVERYBODY!!

In to the traffic queue or into, erm, the warm place with the pitch forks?

This is just a general question of something that I've noticed.

Coming from a roadie background and moving over to MT biking due to the dangerous roads etc I noticed that mountain bikers overall(with the exception) are more social than roadies. Roadies has the tendency to almost never greet you on the road, always has this "looking down to mountain bikers attitude" like if you're not a roadie then you're don't know anything about cycling attitude...

However mountain bikers normally care for the environment, rides more responsible (maybe because they fall harder sometimes) and is much easier to have a normal conversation with without any attitude what so ever, they're more relaxed and open. Lots of mountain bikers only training doing mountain biking but kick ass on the road as well and some roadies are also seriously good or better the mountain bikers so the playing field is level, I'm just not sure about the attitude between the 2 sports.

I was just wondering if it was only me or if I missed something that happened between cool roadies and social MTBikers. Almost like Mercedes vs BMW or iPhone vs BlackBerry etc. TO have a BlackBerry tells people you're a hardcore business man, to have an iPhone is like saying I'm chill but I also do business.

Maybe I'm dreaming and in that case I apologise for this post. Does anyone agree/disagrees with me?

Have to totally agree with you. I come from a MTB background, +-6 years.

I recently bought a cheap road bike for the Argus and to improve my MTB riding.

I have noticed that you get these looks from Roadies which dont greet, they kind of look u up and down, check the bike, then carry on riding.

My philosophy is Roadies = looks first, fitness second

MTB = fitness first, looks second.

This is so true on a Saturday/Sunday morning in Camps Bay where all these charlies park there road bikes against poles just outside a Coffee shop. They are all posers! They want everybody to check there bikes out! They all wanna be LANCE/AC,etc.

MTB`ers are just more friendlier!

In to the traffic queue or into, erm, the warm place with the pitch forks?

hahaha lets start with the trafic queue and we will see where it leads

Well I had a blackBerry, and I gave it away...

Guys have a great afternoon. Chat again tomorrow. Love you lots just like jellytots.

Ry mooi en kyk mooi... Cheers!

So here goes:

HELLO EVERYBODY!!

How do you know I did not mean all Merc drivers are hot coz they drive sexy cars??