29er Rims

Top Fuel

For those in the know please help. Which is the best 29er rim from the list below.

a ZTR FLOW

b ZTR ARCH

c ZTR CREST

I am looking for reliability and weight is not of my highest concern but I don't want to buy concrete wheels. Want to run them tubleless if that helps.

Thanks

As I understand it they vary in strength, so depending what type of riding you do, and also your weight.

They also are all good for tubeless with Stan rim tape

I got some 26" Crest, so far, no problems but then again I am fun rider.

Edited by kosmonooit

I am riding 29er Arches...

They haven't given any issues.

My 26 inch olympics, have been pretty much bullet proof for me.

they're 3 different typs of rims so no one is better they're just for a differnt aplication - by the sounds of things you want Arch's and they're made to run tubeless.

Consider the Velocity Rims too (locally the VXC and Blunt are available) - I have ridden the *** out of the VXC's for 2 years with no issues.

My team mate just got the new Arches and is really chuffed with them -not enough distance to give a full report but fine so far.

My only (completey non technical and without proof) feedback on Stans rims is "light but tender".

Use it - don't use it :D

I ride the Velocity Blunts and although heavier than any of the Stans rims, I've never had any issues.

If you are adamant about Stans rims, then I'd go with the Arch's, slightly heavier but can handle more abuse than the Flow's or Crest's.

The Cannondale Flash Carbon 29'er uses uses the ZTR Arch rims which surprised me as its quite a Weight Weenie bike. I would have though they used Crest or 355's.

A mate of mine got one and he reckons he would have reliability over weight on the wheels - Especially on a 29'er where the larger diameter makes it a bit less stiff.

With the Stan's tape, they seal up nicely for tubeless.

Thanks for all the feedback. Going with the Arch's. Got some Hope hubs so going to get them built up when the rims arrive. Can't wait to get them and give them a go. It would seem the best way to go for my riding style and weight. Thanks again all.

Thanks for all the feedback. Going with the Arch's. Got some Hope hubs so going to get them built up when the rims arrive. Can't wait to get them and give them a go. It would seem the best way to go for my riding style and weight. Thanks again all.

OK, now you've shown your hand....Hope Hubs. When building with Hope hubs, the in thing to do is to match the hub colour with the rim colour. Check out www.loadedusa.com and look at their rims. I've built a couple of wheels with Hope hubs and matching rims.

Nice colours, nice rims.

OK, now you've shown your hand....Hope Hubs. When building with Hope hubs, the in thing to do is to match the hub colour with the rim colour. Check out www.loadedusa.com and look at their rims. I've built a couple of wheels with Hope hubs and matching rims.

Nice colours, nice rims.

Thats some nice looking stuff - Is it any good?

Thats some nice looking stuff - Is it any good?

Yup, those are nice rims. Nice looking, nicely made. Nothing wrong with the other than the current fashion seems to be NoTubes.

Yup, those are nice rims. Nice looking, nicely made. Nothing wrong with the other than the current fashion seems to be NoTubes.

And the hubs? All of their stuff looks really nice :drool:

Nice colours, nice rims.

Wow, talk about pimping your ride!

Not for the weight weenies though...