Chumba warranty claim.

manbearpig

Ok so I bought my Chumba VF2 about a year ago. Everyone and their bike riding dog told me not to do it because it is not a big, well supported brand in SA. (it's pretty big in the USA) I'm am not blessed with wisdom yet and I'm a bit of a chance taker so I thought I'd take the risk as I really liked the demo bike. This is an honest post so I will tell you that my bike has had very little brake use over rocky descents. In short it's had a tough life up to now. The day before I was to leave on a bike riding/fishing holiday in Rhodes I hit the Mtn bike park and was messing around in "zombies birdnest whatever" and I had an "issue" with the rear carbon triangle. Not a catastrophic failure but enough to make me cut short my ride and pedal home. I phoned the local agent Gavin (ngala24) and explained my predicament with my holiday in the mountains coming up and all. He said he did not have a spare but would take one off a demo bike.(this seems standard practice in LBS) I stay in 4ways, Gavin stays in Mondeor about 40km away. Gavin changed his Christmas shopping mall destination from The Glen to Fourways Mall so he could kill 2 birds with one stone and DELIVER the spare part to me.

I just spoke to Gavin on the phone and my new part will be here this week. There are too many cliches that I could use to congratulate Gavin that would not do justice to his effort and the spectacular service . All I will say is a sincere well done and thank you. :clap:

Here's another. I recently collected a heathly piece of rusted wire in my rd which bent my hanger. When I tried to straighten it, it snapped. My riding buddies chuckled and told me to choose between a singlespeed conversion or a long walk home.

I took a spare hanger out of my Camelbak, which Gavin gave me when I bought the frame from him, and proceeded to replace it. Shortly aferwards we were riding again. Most of my riding buddies asked me where to get a spare hanger and if they were all the same.

On the Monday I phoned Gavin and he had spare hangers in stock, so I am sorted. I think some guys with "bigger brand" bikes are still looking for spare hangers.....

Well done..... but is it Gavin's persistance and good service delivery or Chumba USA doing their thing or a combination of both. In many cases that we read about on the Hub I think it is the locals LBS/Representative/Agent/Distributor/Supplier that doen not really give a damn!!!!!

sometimes it pays to deal with the 'little guy' - to him you're more than a customer, not another number......glad you got fixed up.

AFAIK still in Ben one eye...

Hahaha! I know. I remember the tale of the "stolen" bike when he moved to the townhouse! :D

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Guys, well i wish i could accept the credit for finalising this claim quickly but things have done nothing but go pear shaped for me on manbearpigs replacement part.

It first got lost in the Us postal system for about 10 days and when it finally arrived the silly guys in the US have sent the wrong blady piece of the rear :(

Needless to say i had a couple choice words

Just an apology to manbearpig for this and i will have it rectified asap