Cape Sub Vets

Dicky DQ

Just looking at the results for the past few races, it apears as if they are on holiday.

Why is the racing so negative????

The ou toppies seem to be more serious about racing and are typicaly racing much harder.

Is there anyone out there that can shed light on this issue???

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, i would agree with you to a point. The speeds on paper look slightly slower than normal but the racing is a lot different in the league groups than a seeded group.

Now i am not sure if you race league, but if you do you can agree with me that even though on paper the speeds indicate that the race was a slow race, let me tell you something, and this is from having experienced racing with the sub vets, that they can make an easy race the hardest thing since going on your first date.

I would be hesitant to say that they are on holiday, perhaps maybe they are taking things more "tactically" but that's what it's like at the the business end of racing. Tactics play a big part.

Aruama carriers have the yellow jersey so i reckon they are controlling things heavily. You probably got Theo Bothma and Oliver Conway trying to control the bunch. As long as the threats are in the bunch the yellow jersey's team are going to have to keep it that way and if that means slower averages then so be it, as long as they got the yellow - thats why they race.

Also lets not 4get that the climbs are starting now, hellshoogte coming up, now the climbers know they dont have to race hard at the front to split the group, the climb will do it for them so maybe they been holding back for this, i reckon it's the smart thing to do.

Also lets not 4get that the C bunch have been on a mission this Spring to set new land speed records so the times are a little warped. I see they did it again this weekend. Rode a blinder.

The sub vets are very strong and very capable of smashing all groups except of course elite if they choose to.

My 2 cents.

I can only assume that you are not racing with us ??

I can tell you that this seasons racing is some of the best I have seen in 6 or seven seasons of SV. The atmosphere is good, there is plenty of racing and attacking, no single dominant team or rider, lots of new faces and very good bunch discipline.

Having ridden vets last season - there is no comparison. If you want to experience negative racing then you will find it thriving in that league.

Having spent lots of time in C last year I can confirm that SV racing is much tougher and exciting than riding paceline in C! No going back for me! Lots of tactics and legs being ripped off.

Having spent lots of time in C last year I can confirm that SV racing is much tougher and exciting than riding paceline in C! No going back for me! Lots of tactics and legs being ripped off.

I agree, racing in the league's are definately much harder and way more exciting. I just need to get my legs back before i venture back into the SV bunch. Confused

I agree with bikemax.

The racing may be negative at some times, but the ?individuals? must learn to work together, but the racing is good.

Dick, so by the way. Why are you riding with us, ...

You like to hurt others ?

I think our bunch must work like the wednesday night thingy, once you get to +1 and hurt those, you have to start with scratch.

I'm not sure if Grootlem knows whats comming, but you going to hurt the duk outjie.

I can tell you that this seasons racing is some of the best I have seen in 6 or seven seasons of SV. The atmosphere is good' date=' there is plenty of racing and attacking, no single dominant team or rider, lots of new faces and very good bunch discipline.

Having ridden vets last season - there is no comparison. If you want to experience negative racing then you will find it thriving in that league.

[/quote']

Hey Peter, why don't the Subbies challenge the Vets and we combine the field?

Saw the VETS beat the very positive Subbies yesterdayTongue

Hey Peter' date=' why don't the Subbies challenge the Vets and we combine the field?

[/quote']Just as I was starting to entertain thoughts about giving Vets another go this summer.Dead

with only 2 teams bikemax & aruama and lots of individuals, it does appear negative, would be great if we could have more teams, or like Orca says the individuals must work together, but great amosphere in the bunch

I have been racing with SV for the past 2 years and I noticed that none of us want to work together. They just want to crack everyone out of the bunch because yesterday on the way back, there was strong wind and I tried to help and work in the front, but everybody just sat behind me far too long before I nearly ran out of my gas. We need to work together more and save energy and improve our time.  What do you think!   

I can tell you that this seasons racing is some of the best I have seen in 6 or seven seasons of SV. The atmosphere is good' date=' there is plenty of racing and attacking, no single dominant team or rider, lots of new faces and very good bunch discipline.

[/quote']

Thanks Naas - but I am not sure the "positive subbies" should be exposed to the "negative vets" as I would hate to see them go the same way.Wink

Hey Vetstes!

Jy is braaf so vroeg op 'n Maandagoggend! So hoe was jou race gewees?

I have been racing with SV for the past 2 years and I noticed that none of us want to work together. They just want to crack everyone out of the bunch because yesterday on the way back' date=' there was strong wind and I tried to help and work in the front, but everybody just sat behind me far too long before I nearly ran out of my gas. We need to work together more and save energy and improve our time.  What do you think!   [/quote']

that is why it is called racing.....if racing is not for you, what are you doing in the leagues?Confused
AuctionLamb2007-10-29 01:28:19

that is why it is called racing.....if racing is not for you' date=' what are you doing in the leagues?Confused
[/quote']Because he can?

They just want to crack everyone out of the bunch  

have a heart for the poor dude who dropped after the n/z Shocked