Big-up your LBS

hboli4

maybe I'm wrong but i always get the evil eye when i go into eagle canyon cycles. i know i dont look like a cyclist but it seems like they look down at you. and i"m not the only one i know that feels this way.

plus my bro who is a great cyclist took his bike there to get serviced gears were slipping. they told him they had to replace the cassette which did not even have 20km on it as both it and the rear derailer were brand new. so he said replace it (incase he had damaged it in the short test ride we did and he had a race to do that weekend). so they replaced it and said the problem was gone and guess what same problem.

Donna from CycleFusion after hearing the story. took the wheel off held the cassette and spun the wheel and it wobbled around a bit. "freebody" replaced and problem solved.

please note this is not a dig at eagle canyon cycles as they do have some of the best prices around and i'm sure some poeple have had nothing but great service from them. this is just my feeling and experience of them.

its all about personal preference

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yay for the liquor city at Elridge :clap:

Like that?

No bottle store beats the Masonic for price and service :thumbup:

Cyclelab Boksburg is not my LBS but is now the closest bikeshop to my work.

My GT Peace SS's chain was too loose so I called CL manager and asked if they could tighten it while I waited as I needed to ride home tonight.

I took the bike in at luchtime. The mechanic adjusted the BB and the chain tension within 10 minutes and refused payment :clap:

No bottle store beats the Masonic for price and service :thumbup:

Ok, smarty-pants. So tell us where it is then.

Cyclelab Boksburg is not my LBS but is now the closest bikeshop to my work.

My GT Peace SS's chain was too loose so I called CL manager and asked if they could tighten it while I waited as I needed to ride home tonight.

I took the bike in at luchtime. The mechanic adjusted the BB and the chain tension within 10 minutes and refused payment :clap:

Um, did you really need to take your bike to a bike shop to adjust the chain tension?

Um, did you really need to take your bike to a bike shop to adjust the chain tension?

Yes.

New bike.

No tools.

At work.

Need to ride home tonight.

• 9 months later...

cycle fusion in weltevreden park roodepoort. small butter super friendly and great personal service. like a family. your bike is not just another jobcard to them and their prices rock

:clap: :clap: :thumbup: :thumbup: :clap: :clap:

+ 1 :clap:

Edited by Roo1

William's (when I can get out that way)

Action Cycling

Have bought from numerous LBS, but always get the best service and sound advice from these two.

Penford Cycles in Uitenhage these guys are the best in the Eastern cape good prices excellent service and always helpful....

Two weeks ago I bought Spez shoes from Westdene cycles. They did not have my size in the 2011 range so I settled for the 2010 range. The problem is that with the strong Rand the 2011 shoes are much cheaper. SO I got the 2010 shoes at the same price as the 2011 ones PLUS an extra 15% off.

Westdene Rocks! I've been spending money there for almost 10 years... Send all my friends there, all the time.

Solomon's Woodmead Rocks, Trisport in Sunninghil is awesome, FPC are amazing! Cycletech - what a great store!

...who've I missed?

...CycleLab! Wow!You legends!

(I think I just like all my LBS's - My favorite thing!!!) What can I say, I'm a cycling enthusiast...

Edited by Nickzta