SA Active Website

Lucky Luke.

No you cant upload your own training rides or events as you call them :P

But if you did an event that is not listed on their site then you can create that event.

As Agteros said, they check the results with the event organizer.

I just give them the link to my Racetec results. Works perfectly!

Does the Engen to Engen count as a race? :lol:

They can confirm with Lovemore

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only oke still struggling to claim points on the new website? I find it utterly useless, when I click on the "Login to claim Vitalitu Points" hyperlink, a new window opens up, in which the middle frame is white and blank. Hauw! I'd rather pay R120 and get a functional website like last year :angry:

Guest agteros

Am I the only oke still struggling to claim points on the new website? I find it utterly useless, when I click on the "Login to claim Vitalitu Points" hyperlink, a new window opens up, in which the middle frame is white and blank. Hauw! I'd rather pay R120 and get a functional website like last year :angry:

Works for me... I've claimed for three events already, two of which are approved, and one of those loaded on Vitality already thumbup1.gif

There are easier ways of getting points, I have over 40000 already. I think 20000 was just for visiting Dischem for a check up and I can do that again later this year. I can also go for a couple of fitness tests and to see a dietician. I think I got about 5000 for filling in a few online questionaires.

There are easier ways of getting points, I have over 40000 already. I think 20000 was just for visiting Dischem for a check up and I can do that again later this year. I can also go for a couple of fitness tests and to see a dietician. I think I got about 5000 for filling in a few online questionaires.

I think it is 7500 points for doing the fitness test and up to 7500 bonus points. Last time I got 6000 of those.

Have you re registered on the new website? www.sa-active.com

I wasnt coming right, so I phoned them and a very helpful lady told me that I had to re register and enter all my details on the new website. I didnt have to pay anything this year. I have entered 2 races this year - just waiting for them to be processed.

I just re-registered (second time so far this year) and managed to submit my claims. It gets better though - I see they denied my claim for the Dischem half marathon because I did not supply my ID number, however the text box in which one captures his ID number does not work :o

I've tried giving my ID number in the comments field... lets hope that works, else I just wasted 20 minutes claiming points for 5 events so far this year.

just for interest sake, is there a max amount of points you can claim through sa-active? I've completed 7 events this year and put in claims for all of them. Will vitality cap me?

Also I've heard there are base points and booster points? What's the difference and how can you earn them?

if thats the case then its a bit useless to me. Last year I completed well over 20 cycling events with many of them over 100km (worth 5000 points each).

Guest agteros

Flex, did you enter your ID no on the Dischem 1/2 entry page/papers?

I've done that for the Johnson Crane 1/2, and pointed them to the results on www.raceresults.co.za and gave instruction to search for my name (and club details). Claim was approved. Dischem 1/2 should be even easier as it was timed by championchip. So same procedure as to claim for a cycling race!

Details for my claim was as follow:

Event Type : Road Running

Event : 29th Johnsom Crane Marathon

Event Date : 2011-01-30

Sub Event : 21.1km

Results URL :http://www.raceresults.co.za/personal_search.php

Usercomment : http://www.raceresults.co.za/personal_search.php Details to be entered: Initials and Surname / Club Name

Batched? No

Admin Comment

I have earned 20 000 points through SA-active :clap::clap: free and easy.

Submitted 5 events, maximum of 15 000 base fitness points but then you get 5000 bonus points when you submit your 5th event.

Now SA-active just needs to allocate these points to Vitality, seem to be taking a bit longer than last year but they said at the call center that the number of submitted claims for points have tripled since this service is now free.

I've done that for the Johnson Crane 1/2, and pointed them to the results on www.raceresults.co.za and gave instruction to search for my name (and club details). Claim was approved.

Here is a tip to speed that process up! It takes them much longer to find your name in the list of everyone that completed the event.

Go to the racetec site, find the race you did, find yourself and click on your own name,

Copy and past that URL and save it somewhere

Will look like this - http://www.racetec.co.za/GetResults.asp?Post=true&RiderID=2****

Use that every time you submit a claim, that will give your name with all your results - much easier for them to approve it!

Now SA-active just needs to allocate these points to Vitality, seem to be taking a bit longer than last year but they said at the call center that the number of submitted claims for points have tripled since this service is now free.

Yes, the site is more responsive now, but only one of my 5 or 6 events this year has made it's way to Vitality. Quite a few have been approved on the site, others still being processed (some of them pretty old events) and one other has a mystery status of '1'??

I mailed Discovery Vitality to ask them to process the points and they are saying there is some cockup at the SA Active end that is delaying the process. Who knows where the truth lies.

Edited by Lucky Luke.

Flex, did you enter your ID no on the Dischem 1/2 entry page/papers?

I've done that for the Johnson Crane 1/2, and pointed them to the results on www.raceresults.co.za and gave instruction to search for my name (and club details). Claim was approved. Dischem 1/2 should be even easier as it was timed by championchip. So same procedure as to claim for a cycling race!

Sorted - I went into my user profile and updated that to include my ID number, which now shows up in my claims. Hopefully all works now. I still think its a pretty lousy website, though!

Thanks for the input, chaps.

Try phoning SA-active directly Luke. Last year whenever I phoned they quickly approved events and allocated the points.

Doesnt seem like they are able to do it that easily this year with the backlog they currently have.