Joburg City Tri

Zula

Hey guys

Anyone doing this race on Sunday?

Entries are closing soon and Im in 2 minds about it.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have entered. Unfortunately I am still recovering from flu after the 70.3 so I will only be doing the sprint event. I see there is only 200 people allowed. So we should be able to swim without getting fists and feet in your face!!

after Xterra this should be a really nice event. no mountain climbing, no mud, no single track. really looking forward to it. nothing quite beats swimming in germies lake :lol:

I entered last week and I'm sure that Flex will be there as well.

I sure will be. My second triathlon ever in as many weeks :D

Doing the Olympic distance with Ironman Thug.

Hi Flex

Great stuff on doing the olympics distance. Remember to spin more to save the legs for the run :w00t:.

Hi Flex

Great stuff on doing the olympics distance. Remember to spin more to save the legs for the run :w00t:.

Thanks, T - am determined to get on top of the swimming. Just got home after sneaking in a quick 50 lengths in the pool on the way home :thumbup:

Just saw the announcement from Troisport that Sunday has been changed to a duathlon due to high bacterial levels in Germiston Lake. What a disappointment, but better than getting sick I suppose.

Although the swim was cancelled, this was a great race. It ended up being a 10k run / 40k cycle / 5k run.

Full road closure on the cycle leg and it proved to be fast & furious from the gun!

Well done to Troisport for the organisation despite the obvious dificulties. clap.gif