Joburg City Tri

Zula

Very sad that a lake like that is now no good for swimming. Think of all the years of history that are going to be lost because no one will ever swim in the lake again.

The ANC are a useless bunch of morons and soon every natural resource in

Gauteng will be squandered.

Move south west to zillville, its the last hope!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, I had a great time! Well organised and plenty to eat an drink at the finish, I'll be back again next year... It was a pity about the swim being cancelled,but the organisers acted in the interests of everyone's safety. However, I enjoyed the duathlon format and will look at doing a few more duathlons this year! Well done to Troisport and CGT and to all the unsung heroes who made this such a great event!

I'm not a triathlete (I suck at running and about the same with swimming), but it's interesting to see the triathlon organisers communicating clearly and factually and then (it sounds like) organising a decent work around...

Can we cyclists borrow some of them?

I concur 100% with both Thug and Zula. Yes, the government and the municipalities are a bunch of farking idiots. But big up to Troisport - I'm new to multisport and events like this morning will only keep me coming back. Well done guys, superb!

Guest agteros

I'm not a triathlete (I suck at running and about the same with swimming), but it's interesting to see the triathlon organisers communicating clearly and factually and then (it sounds like) organising a decent work around...

Can we cyclists borrow some of them?

NO! Leave them where they are! Cycling should "grow" their own!

I'm sorry.... but tri guy's are under fed, there clothes are to small for them and there toys are way to expensive. There's way to many rules and It was no fun playing with them this morning.

I'm sorry.... but tri guy's are under fed, there clothes are to small for them and there toys are way to expensive. There's way to many rules and It was no fun playing with them this morning.

Sounds to me like you got your ass kicked !

It was a great event, well organized. Yes the tri boys do have some expensive toys its all about the BLING :D . A real pity about the water, but I'll air my views about this on a different forum. Keep it real.

Guest agteros

Lean and mean, that is them tri blokes/gals!

Flappy clothing = drag :)

They don't play, they RACE!

Rules are easy:

• Shirts are mandatory on the run and cycle, but sleeves are optional ;)
  • You may not draft (AT ALL),
  • You may not touch your bike without a helmet strapped onto your head,
  • You may either run or walk in the transition area, not ride your bike

What tripped you up?

Now I wonder if BSG really tested the water a few months back? I took part and threw up a couple of times in the lake because it was siff......

Move all triathlons to Buffelspoort if you ask me.

Well done to Troi sports for looking after us. What is it this year with the triathlons all being made duathlons.......... Prestige Ultra as well.

Although the swim was cancelled, this was a great race. It ended up being a 10k run / 40k cycle / 5k run.

Full road closure on the cycle leg and it proved to be fast & furious from the gun!

Well done to Troisport for the organisation despite the obvious dificulties. clap.gif

Swim cancelled? thank goodness I wasnt' there. Wasn't in a mood for suffering, so I wetnt riding with the club. And where did the ride go, out to Magalies, turn to Hekpoort after Lovers Rock, and up all the way, 105km with the last 40 going up. :o

I took part and threw up a couple of times in the lake because it was siff......

You being serious? That's a shocker...

ag k*k man... look at me!!! I'm the most overweight Ironman finisher ever. :D

Edited by cervelo