Where's your helmet?

DavidE373

To the arse cycling up Hill road in Randburg ~ 5pm on Friday, go @#$% yourself buddy!

Next time someone asks you where your helmet is it's because YOU SHOULD BE WEARING ONE!

There was no need for you to call my wife a f@#$%ing bitch! My wife and I are both cyclists and you are just a dumb knob! I sincerely hope that one day you come off your bike and split some skin on your noggin, maybe then you'll know why we wear helmets in the first place! You dumb sh*t!

You are also very lucky you turned off into that side road because I would have kicked your arse!!!!

YOU ARE A WANKER!!!

There, I feel better now.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like a serious case of 2x cyclists with a poor attitude!

I wholly agree that we should all wear our helmets when on the bike, and I wholly agree that we should encourage each other to do the same. The reason that I say encourage is that some folk behave like the very traffic police that they resent, in the policing of other cyclists safety.

Helmetless cyclist response was obviously unsavoury, but your post makes me wonder how you addressed him. No real excuse to be abusive on both your sides.

In fact, a post of this nature leaves a poor taste in ones mouth.

Edited by Antoo

why so upset? Was it your head he was wearing?

Gotta agree with you boet - I am my brothers keeper - but why become abusive when he does not want to be kept!

Gotta agree with you boet - I am my brothers keeper - but why become abusive when he does not want to be kept!

It's more about the fact that the cyclist swore at the guy's wife when confronted as to why he wasn't wearing a helmet.

Let the guy fall and die - less idiots in the gene pool.

Not taking sides, but the majority of people on bicycles in this country don't wear helmets. I wonder if the OP and his wife tell each and every one of them they see that they should be wearing a helmet.

I have stopped stressing about cyclists not wearing helmets - both on the road or up the mountain.

It's not my head that's gonna crack open.

I just call them organ donors.

To the arse cycling up Hill road in Randburg ~ 5pm on Friday, go @#$% yourself buddy!

Next time someone asks you where your helmet is it's because YOU SHOULD BE WEARING ONE!

There was no need for you to call my wife a f@#$%ing bitch! My wife and I are both cyclists and you are just a dumb knob! I sincerely hope that one day you come off your bike and split some skin on your noggin, maybe then you'll know why we wear helmets in the first place! You dumb sh*t!

You are also very lucky you turned off into that side road because I would have kicked your arse!!!!

YOU ARE A WANKER!!!

There, I feel better now.

Ah yes - exactly the type of exemplory behaviour that shows the world how great us cyclists are. The guy on the bike not wearing his helmet didn't represent us well either...

My wife was not abusive towards this moron and I think that as cyclists we have an obligation towards other cyclists to remind each other about the rules. Do remember that it is actually law to wear a helmet when cycling.

I naturally called this arse some very tasteful things after he called my wife a bitch, but you can't really blame me now can you.

Let me explain the story as it happened so you can understand why I got so upset;

1 Point out to wife that there is cyclist (going same speed as the cars) going down hill with no helmet

2 As we start going up hill we pass said cyclist, wife says 'where's your helmet', not swearing and no name calling, i hear a fading 'yooouuuuuuuuu' from cyclist and can only assume the preceding word was also unsavoury

3 we hit traffic at the top of hill and cyclist comes past us and proceeds to call my wife a F@#$ing bitch and I think there was something about her mother as well

4 I completely freaked out as I thought this to be unnecessary, I changed lanes and then stopped in the petrol station slip way, cyclist turns into side road, wife freaks out bla bla bla

there was no need for this little man to cycle past us and hurl abuse, if he felt it was not our place to say something, then all he had to do was carry on cycling or perhaps just say 'you're not my mother' or 'it's not your problem that I'm not wearing a helmet' bla bla bla

once again i say that if the brain inside the head is not smart enough to protect the head then it deserves what it gets.

I witnessed first hand the importance of a helmet this weekend.

on our mtb group ride this weekend in centurion we got caught in a storm. so after cutting our ride short we were riding back along the boundary fence road around midstream estate when Jaco who was at the front of the group, slipped in the mud and got high-sided into the fence which is that concrete palisade.

helmet was trashed huge crack in the back, he even had to indentations from the helmet in the back of his head. I hate to think what coulda happened had he not had the helmet. he ended up with a mild concusion but was able to ride home.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

My wife was not abusive towards this moron and I think that as cyclists we have an obligation towards other cyclists to remind each other about the rules. Do remember that it is actually law to wear a helmet when cycling.

No, you should rather just mind your own business...

No, you should rather just mind your own business...

If we all just minded our own business you wouldn't be reading this post ;)

I have stopped stressing about cyclists not wearing helmets - both on the road or up the mountain.

It's not my head that's gonna crack open.

I just call them organ donors.

+ 1

I've stopped a long time ago asking someone where his helmet is, or telling him the robot he went throught was red... if they kill themselves coming off or get themselves hit by a car. Its their problem.

If we all just minded our own business you wouldn't be reading this post ;)

I am with you, besides apply the Darwin theory....them who are stupid will kill themselfs off....thereby imporvin the genepool.

And why is that I have NEVER heard a cyclist shouting that a worker without a helmet, and a spade and spritlevel on the handlebars?

On Sunday we saw a lady cycling with her helmet - wait for it .... hanging from her handle bars :blush: Clearly she was hot or uncomfortable or both. :blink: It's that time of the year where we see a lot of newbies on the road, most likely training for their 1st Argus.

I guess the manner in which we convey our good intentions is often construed as aggression.

To the OP, do you engage in any of the following:

* Tell people in the traffic that they should wear their seat belt?

* Engage people with projectiles un-seatbelted children in their car?

* Tell people leaving restaurants/bars/clubs that they are in no condition to drive?

I'm guessing not. In which case, I have to ask the question, why not? These are all behaviours which entail far more risk than a pedal through the burbs with the wind blowing through where one's hair used to be.

If you respond, do not get defensive, I am not engaging in name calling, merely asking the question.