Table Mountain Safety

kandui

holy crap! i hope your bud's ok Bos.

that's definitely not a random act. those guys were planning it. was he riding at the time of the mugging?

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

holy crap! i hope your bud's ok Bos.

that's definitely not a random act. those guys were planning it. was he riding at the time of the mugging?

Ya, hit right off his bike, then they had the effing balls to take the very helmet that probably saved his life! and he is not a small chap, for him not to have had put up a fight He must have been scared shitless.

Okes, DONT RIDE BY YOURSELVES EVER.

Seems the roads are a safer place to ride than the mountain - imagine that!

Its really out of hand, im not prepared to ride alone on any mountain - so very f#$%ing sad!

One of my good friends was attacked in Paradyskloof -Stellenbosh last night. The guys ambushed him, Hit him in the face with a pole, Knocked his teeth F*cked, then ripped off his fullface helmet and stole his Green Santacruze bullet with gray RS Totem.

Im so Angry I feel like Squashing my F*cking mouse in my right hand. I will kill those okes If I find him..

This is seriously bad news; I frequently ride there by myself. This has to be a planned attack; this is not an area where you will get casual passers-by; these muggers would have had to make an effort to get into the area. Was the attack in the forest above Paradyskloof or more towards the G-Spot/Coetzenburg?

Ya, hit right off his bike, then they had the effing balls to take the very helmet that probably saved his life! and he is not a small chap, for him not to have had put up a fight He must have been scared shitless.

jeez. that's f'ing hardcore. i always used to believe i was slighter safer than an XC'er cos of my FF and all that. Guess it made things worse cos they had to hit harder.

but fuggit: we cant let his mofo's shepherd us into safe rooms. :angry: I'll do my best to stay safe, and should the worst come to bear, I pray i come out alive. but fuggem!

This is sad... i was just saying on another thread how i have just spent the weekend in Cape town (im from KZN) and am in awe of the riding you guys have. i came home very envious, but this sounds bad.

Sheesh this is bad news for me aswell as I used to ride there alot often by myself. Also we do some nightriding there now and then in groups. So on which day exactly did this attack happen?

Unfortunately its very hard not to ride on your own sometimes especially when doing freeriding etc. Maybe its better to move to Jonkershoek and practice there.

Surely something can be done. How sad :( Time for some vigilante justice, the cops are useless & dont give a hoot.

Bos: can we get your friend's version of things: did he see anything, notice anything odd etc?

any one have a google map of popular riding areas with overlays indicating incidents? If we all contribute, might help the cops ID hotspots, along with other riders. and yes, the criminal element might just cotton onto the same thing, but i'd rather have something than nothing..

Bos: can we get your friend's version of things: did he see anything, notice anything odd etc?

any one have a google map of popular riding areas with overlays indicating incidents? If we all contribute, might help the cops ID hotspots, along with other riders. and yes, the criminal element might just cotton onto the same thing, but i'd rather have something than nothing..

It happened yesterday late afternoon, not at the G-spot, so It had to have been closer to the forrest. I also asked If it was the G-spot, as I love the plac and I cant imagine the feeling of railing around one of the burms and someone with a pole sitting behind a bush.

I heard the news from my friends, Didnt speak to him. Aparently he said he was fine but His GF said he wont eat solids for a while...

I will try get info for you.

thanks bos, and healing vibes to your buddy. i'm actually a bit angry now, but i tihnk it stems from the sense of futility i feel as well. :(

It happened yesterday late afternoon, not at the G-spot, so It had to have been closer to the forrest. I also asked If it was the G-spot, as I love the plac and I cant imagine the feeling of railing around one of the burms and someone with a pole sitting behind a bush.

I heard the news from my friends, Didnt speak to him. Aparently he said he was fine but His GF said he wont eat solids for a while...

This is so screwed up man, I hope the guy recovers soon and starts riding again a bit later. The sad thing is unfortunately I don't really know how we can prevent this from happening again.

Anyone out there keen to do a group ride in the Rhodes Memorial area on a weekend morning to show solidarity with attack victims and to show criminals who the mountain belongs to?

yep am keen what time and where to start

Just had some friends move there recently(there garden backs onto G-spot) and have just taken up MTBing. I hope things like this happening dont put them off.

hope he recovers quickly! one word for these guys - animals!