Want to get faster

T-girl

T-girl, I totally agree with Indigo Kid, Intervals are your friend. You hate them while you're doing them but come race day, you'll see the difference.

Ever since I started interval training I found that my pace on the flats picked up and my lactate threshold increased for the hills. Basically you can go harder for longer with shorter recovery periods.

If you want a nice interval plan I will gladly send you one. And there is no better place to do them than at the Suncoast loop, I'm there at least once a week doing intervals.

When I go for circuits along NMR my H R gets to around 92%. But there is no structure in the session as I end up going flat out for as long as I can maintain and then I just fall off the bunch!

I guess that proper interval training would mean riding alone? Which I don't mind; I just find that I can push a lot harder when I am chasing someone as compared to when I ride alone. Guess I am just lazy at heart :D

Would be great if you could send me that program, thanks Veloce!

I generally can't get my H R past 93% though...so if the interval calls for close to 100% of my max then that ain't happening! ;)

YES!! I used to do the same: flat out for as long as I could. Then I decided to go on a structed training program and the difference I saw in my riding (and race times) was insane! The only time I ride alone is circuits at suncoast otherwise I fit them in on my inland rides with mates.

Tgirl it sounds like you need to get back on the MTB with us, Zonker is KILLING me with intervals on the road (sprints etc). When you get yours back, come do a 'road day' on the mtb for a change, youll probably find you are WAY stronger than you think...and anyways...I need a mate to help catch old muscle legs on the circuit!

Tgirl it sounds like you need to get back on the MTB with us, Zonker is KILLING me with intervals on the road (sprints etc). When you get yours back, come do a 'road day' on the mtb for a change, youll probably find you are WAY stronger than you think...and anyways...I need a mate to help catch old muscle legs on the circuit!

You got it FishEagle! When my steed is back I shall lower myself and do a road session on the mtb ;) my tyres need to be replaced soon anyway so may as well wear them down on the tar!!

I find it the opposite, in a MTB race i am always cranking away wheras in a road race i find i can sit in a bunch and rest more often.

Tougher than both i find is track racing, thats real punishment.

true,

but then stay out of the bunch in a roadrace...

There is scientific evidence that rear road wheels gets magnetised when turning and it attracts other roadbikes... :D

T-girl, I totally agree with Indigo Kid, Intervals are your friend. You hate them while you're doing them but come race day, you'll see the difference.

Ever since I started interval training I found that my pace on the flats picked up and my lactate threshold increased for the hills. Basically you can go harder for longer with shorter recovery periods.

If you want a nice interval plan I will gladly send you one. And there is no better place to do them than at the Suncoast loop, I'm there at least once a week doing intervals.

Hi Veloce

The interval trainig programs that you have, is it geared at specific fitness level? Can you maybe help me out....? Thanks