My New Gadget

Got me one of these babies, I am still trying to figure out how it works but for the time being it looks pretty neat. This is the Edge 305, so a question should follow. I have seen people showing their route on Google Earth is it possible for me to get the same thing with this model??

20071101_233407_cf-lg.jpg

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i've had one for about three months now, and i still can't work out all the features. but for what i need, it's brilliantThumbs%20Up

scotty and ianj will know about the google earth bit.

i've had one for about three months now' date=' and i still can't work out all the features. but for what i need, it's brilliantThumbs%20Up

[/quote']

have you tried reading the manual?LOL

Good purchase you made, register on www.motionbased.com , you have the option there to view it in google earth. Usually i'm technically challenged when it comes to these devices, but this is very easy to use.

i've had one for about three months now' date=' and i still can't work out all the features. but for what i need, it's brilliantThumbs%20Up

[/quote']

have you tried reading the manual?LOL

You must be joking Zoo Cookie! he is a male they don't do that.ClapClap

I LOVE my 305. So many options and settings. That's exactly what I want from a toy. As for the Google Earth question. As far as I understand you can take your files (of the route you rode) and load it into Google earth to view your ride. The catch is that the basic free Google Earth version you get is not enough to create your own route on Google Earth, even though you can view somebody else's route. You need to upgrade your Google Earth software, wich comes with a  yearly subscription fee.

What an awesome gadget. I was seriously considering one of these... but settled on a great deal on a Polar S725x from a mate. It is working very well for me.... except that i am struggling to find a way to download data to my Mac. Can anyone help in this regard?

.........I have seen people showing their route on Google Earth is it possible for me to get the same thing with this model??

Shouldn't that be a question you ask prior to purchase ? Wink

But have no fear, you can !

http://www.motionbased.com/

I did read the manual kind of - 83 pages is a lot to get around when you just want to push buttons.

Taking it for my first ride this weekend so me and motionbased will be getting acquainted late on Saturday morning - thanks for the info and insults everyone.

Definately a mans toy, you can plot road route's with the enclosed garmap software to places and need not ask anyone for directions.

What an awesome gadget. I was seriously considering one of these... but settled on a great deal on a Polar S725x from a mate. It is working very well for me.... except that i am struggling to find a way to download data to my Mac. Can anyone help in this regard?

Call the friendly helpful guys at Polar direct and they will assist you. Tel 011 805-1028