The bikes that got us hooked

Palaeodom

How many guys used to ride the road "racing bikes" with the handlebars upside down, I remember my older brother & his mates cruising around like that :lol: They even made it into the Daily News

I used to do that, but the problem was that my bars were loose enough to do it whilst riding....cannot believe I did not see my backside.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing about a woman is...

Ok so I am on my own here...

I can ride my bike. Hard. It never complains.

I can ride my bike. Slow. It will be with me till the end.

I can ride my bike. In intervals. It can take the pace.

I can ride my bike. To a place where there are other bikes. It will not hiss or spit.

I can ride my bike. With Others :o And it will respond with vigor.

I can ride my bike. Up hills and down dales, into the last crack :lol: of dawn or dusk.

Edited by firewolf

How many guys used to ride the road "racing bikes" with the handlebars upside down, I remember my older brother & his mates cruising around like that :lol: They even made it into the Daily News

Like this?

post-5347-0-47067700-1297329960.jpg

I used to do that, but the problem was that my bars were loose enough to do it whilst riding....cannot believe I did not see my backside.

Did that too.... :thumbup: Also used to do the turn whilst riding.... Fealess in those days :unsure: . Only saw my bum once if i remember correctly, 2 days before starting high school. Cam round a corner, took it too sharp and rode into the side of a bakkie.... ended up doing a face skid, knocked out both front teeth, lost a LOT of skin on my face and arms :( Started High School 2 days later looking like a wreck..... NOT the best first impression :blink:

Its an interesting parallel here - between chicks and bikes. Break-up with the first, return to the second.

I know I can take this thread into some murky territory here...

Step 3... Get new GF that cycles too!!! :clap:

Like this?

yeah, although my brother had his facing the other way around, the ends facing forward.

Man i wish i still had a pic of my first MTB . It was a Alpinestars Cr-Mo with Deore , pearl white with dayglo orange front end. it even had hand guards ( mini ones like those on a mx bike ).

I loved this bike , got it in 1990 and did my first race on a it that same week at Rockhopper MTb club in Honeydew.

one of these

http://www.re-buy-cycle.co.uk/uploads/210/0.jpg

then one of these

http://www.mtbdiary.co.uk/images/fullsize/fire_mountain.jpg

I love that Kona, my first "proper" MTB, I should have never sold it!!!

Edited by jughead_dave

My first road bike was a cannondale 2.8. Just the frame then built up from there using a mix (holy **** I can hear the screams) a mix of shimano and campy super record.

My first argus on that bike was 3:30.

Then I went back to Trance, outdoor parties and XYZ.

There was a guy riding the last 94.7 like that. About 50+, shorts, T-shirt, takkies. Bastard kept up with me the whole way. Grrrr.

The thing about a woman is...

Ok so I am on my own here...

I can ride my bike. Hard. It never complains.

I can ride my bike. Slow. It will be with me till the end.

I can ride my bike. In intervals. It can take the pace.

I can ride my bike. To a place where there are other bikes. It will not hiss or spit.

I can ride my bike. With Others :o And it will respond with vigor.

I can ride my bike. Up hills and down dales, into the last crack :lol: of dawn or dusk.

hehe good one

This was my first 'proper' MTB and also when I met Anton from Summit Cycles (Yip Ant 2002!)

post-14457-0-15515600-1297331433.jpg