Garmin Training Centre

Guest agteros

you can use one with any time when you export you can specify the pace.

there is a nice plugginn for Sporttracks 3. that will scale the course.

http://www.sporttracks-plugins.com/Spor ... index.html

OR

You can also use GPSBABEL to convert the GPX file to a TCX file and scale the time. If you need some help dont hisatate to ask.

http://www.gpsbabel....tml#downloading

Edited by Gman1834

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I currently use trainingpeaks wko+ software. Can I do the same with the sportstracs software?

I use my Garmin and the power-tap and then upload the stuff.

Training peaks V3 expensive at $129. Currently use version 2.

I currently use trainingpeaks wko+ software. Can I do the same with the sportstracs software?

I use my Garmin and the power-tap and then upload the stuff.

Training peaks V3 expensive at $129. Currently use version 2.

The Sporttracks power analysis side is not so great (and you have to pay for the add-on). I'm still using WKO+ 2 for this reason. You could also have a look at Golden Cheetah.

• 2 weeks later...

How does the sport tracks 3 trial version compare to the old version 2? is it necessary to buy the whole package or are the trial features sufficient?

Guest agteros

How does the sport tracks 3 trial version compare to the old version 2? is it necessary to buy the whole package or are the trial features sufficient?

For most people the biggest drawback will be the fact that you can have only two plugins enabled at a time in the trial version. You can also not save reports in the trial version.

Other than that it is not crippled.

I tried the Trial version for a while, all the plugins that you had on version 2 is not available unless you buy them!

Things like the equipment plugin only allows for 2 pieces of equipment, so that did not work for me!

If version 2 is working for you, stick with it.

The only real difference I could notice was that version 3 can upload .FIT files automatically whereas with version 2 you have to convert the .FIT files to gpx or tcx manually before you can import them. (egde 500)

I tried the Trial version for a while, all the plugins that you had on version 2 is not available unless you buy them!

Things like the equipment plugin only allows for 2 pieces of equipment, so that did not work for me!

If version 2 is working for you, stick with it.

The only real difference I could notice was that version 3 can upload .FIT files automatically whereas with version 2 you have to convert the .FIT files to gpx or tcx manually before you can import them. (egde 500)

so when you download from the edge do you use Garmin training centre and then convert to tcx/gpx and then import into ST? thats the only way i've found for it to work. quite a mission

so when you download from the edge do you use Garmin training centre and then convert to tcx/gpx and then import into ST? thats the only way i've found for it to work. quite a mission

Not that the hub is not the ultimate knowledge base.:thumbup:

But you can post on the ST user forum or do a search on the FAQ . I think I saw some info on the 500.

I use the Edge305 and import it directly to ST3.

No need to buy the full version (well I love the program so much I did) and there are lots of nice programs out there. You can even write your own plugins. (Im trying to learn C# :blink: so that I can improve the Polar import)

You might be able to use the Training Peaks Device Agent to do this. Marginally quicker in that it opens quickly and it does the translation directly.

If you are using SportTracks Version 2, then yes that is one way. Or download a converter and use that, pretty much the same.

But if you have version 3 trial or full you can import directly from the garmin device.

Your choice, either convert or spend the money and buy version 3 (the trial version just does not offer enough)

Not that the hub is not the ultimate knowledge base.:thumbup:

But you can post on the ST user forum or do a search on the FAQ . I think I saw some info on the 500.

I use the Edge305 and import it directly to ST3.

No need to buy the full version (well I love the program so much I did) and there are lots of nice programs out there. You can even write your own plugins. (Im trying to learn C# :blink: so that I can improve the Polar import)

:D Everything you need to know is right here!

You can use the Edge 305 to import directly to any version of SportTracks simply because the 305 and 705 uses .gpx files.

The Edge 500 and 800 uses a new .FIT file system and is only compatible with the latest version 3.

If you are using a 500 or 800 then you will only be able to import directly into ST using version 3 (or anything newer after 3)

I have many many plugins that I use with version 2 which are not available in trial version 3 and has to be bought.

If you ask me, it is pretty pointless using the Trial version, either stick to version 2 or buy the full version 3.

Edited by Tankman

• 2 weeks later...

to bring up something from the past as I am doing some homework, its the garmin sports centre a better package than the sportstrack ?

no need to worry about a power meter, as I am looking at a garmin 705 to be able to map routes, altitude and HR zones ...

to bring up something from the past as I am doing some homework, its the garmin sports centre a better package than the sportstrack ?

no need to worry about a power meter, as I am looking at a garmin 705 to be able to map routes, altitude and HR zones ...

I reckon Sportstracks 3 is still a much better package than Training Centre.

If that's all you're intending to do, you can just use the free demo version of ST3.

Still can't believe they haven't made a SportTracks for Mac. I used to use it when I was on PC and it was great. I can run Windows applications on my MacBook using Crossover, but its a mission. I'll stick to GTC for Mac for now, it does the trick.