EF Education-EasyPost : Chirps, Opinions, Updates

'Dale

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe I got carried away a bit at some stage.blush.png I have two sets of these to go with my bike as advertised in the classifieds. I didn't buy the socks though.

This is why buying pro tour team kit (not even mentioning team bikes) is a big big no no!

I like what Cannondale did last year. Team colours, but no sponsor branding or advertising on certain bikes.

I like what Cannondale did last year. Team colours, but no sponsor branding or advertising on certain bikes.

Neat. Yeah.

Would love to roll on one of those EVOs.

No sneaky off season pics of the new kit yet?

Or are they still waiting for the Jan launch.

No sneaky off season pics of the new kit yet?

Or are they still waiting for the Jan launch.

Can't wait to see the bikes.

Kit too, but those Evo machines all team customized.... Yummy.

Sagan names Milano-Sanremo as his first goal of 2013

Slovakian heads to Los Angeles for January training

Peter Sagan has confirmed that Milan-Sanremo will be the first goal of his 2013 season but the talented Slovakian will miss Paris-Roubaix and the world road race championships in Florence.

Speaking to Gazzetta dello Sport from his home in Zilina before heading to Los Angeles for some warm weather training and the Team Cannondale official presentation on January 13, the prodigious Slovakian is confident of another double-digit season.

Since turning professional in 2010, Sagan has won 36 races and dominated the green points jersey competition at the 2012 Tour de France, winning three stages along the way.

He is often compared to Eddy Merckx and seems to have the same hunger, ability and self-confidence.

"I like it (being compared to Merckx)," he told Gazzetta. "It's difficult to say who is my biggest rival. I'm suited to lots of different kinds of finishes and so I'm always up against different rivals. But I can beat them all."

Sagan will travel to Argentina for the Tour de San Luis after the Team Cannondale presentation, celebrating his 23rd birthday during the race, on January 26.

"It's a real race, it'll be a big battle with Boonen," he predicted. "After that I'll ride the Tour of Oman, Tirreno-Adriatico, Milan-Sanremo, the Tour of Flanders, Ghent-Wevelgem and the Amstel Gold Race."

"Milan-Sanremo is my first goal because it's the first Classic, while Flanders and Roubaix are the races I dream about winning. I'd love to win the world title one year too but the course in Florence is too tough for me this time."

Surprisingly, despite being a former Junior world mountain bike world champion, Sagan is unlikely to ride Paris-Roubaix in 2013 according to Gazzetta dello Sport, due to his position on the bike.

He sits high and forward, meaning his centre of gravity makes his bounce and often loses control of his bike on the pave. He is expected to gradually change his position on the bike, but not before the spring.

"I've got to continue to develop and mature. I've got to become stronger in every type of race. It's easy to say I've got to improve on the climbs but I've also got to good in sprints too," he explained.

"I've been doing more or less the same things for three years. I've always improved and so I don't want to change too much for now."

wow Milan Sanremo, that surely will be one for his palmares. At least he wont have Vincento getting miffed that he is being upstaged now.

But who's the climber on the team? Although Ivan is the designated leader, he doesn't really expect to win anything does he?

My suggestion is Vroomey & Richie Port moves across, so as to lessen tensions and conflicts in Team Sky.

wow Milan Sanremo, that surely will be one for his palmares. At least he wont have Vincento getting miffed that he is being upstaged now.

But who's the climber on the team? Although Ivan is the designated leader, he doesn't really expect to win anything does he?

My suggestion is Vroomey & Richie Port moves across, so as to lessen tensions and conflicts in Team Sky.

I am sorry to say and as much as I like Ivan I think he is now past his sell by date. Having said that I do think he will still play an important role in the team and I believe all his team mates enjoy having him on the team.

Not sure who their main climber is?

Although after Sagan`s performance as a sprinter in this years Tour maybe he thinks he possibly coulc be :)

I fully support your suggestion.

"(Team mnager) Roberto Amadio played a key role in my change. He's really supported me and he's given me the tranquility I need to prepare for 2013. He's taken away the need for me to make up for last season. I felt destroyed after the Giro d'Italia. I'd expected things to be very different, especially in the last three days in the mountains. But on the Stelvio I could only produce 350 watts, which is disgusting. My head was blocking my legs. I couldn't shake off the disappointment for a long time. I eventually stopped looking for reasons why it happened. Now I'm fine."

Basso on facing 2013, focused on doing well at Giro.

"(Team mnager) Roberto Amadio played a key role in my change. He's really supported me and he's given me the tranquility I need to prepare for 2013. He's taken away the need for me to make up for last season. I felt destroyed after the Giro d'Italia. I'd expected things to be very different, especially in the last three days in the mountains. But on the Stelvio I could only produce 350 watts, which is disgusting. My head was blocking my legs. I couldn't shake off the disappointment for a long time. I eventually stopped looking for reasons why it happened. Now I'm fine."

Basso on facing 2013, focused on doing well at Giro.

Hey Dale - Good to see that our man Basso still has some plans for 2013. Maybe he can still surprise a few out there!