EF Education-EasyPost : Chirps, Opinions, Updates

'Dale

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just watched that final win.

He beat Tommeke in the final 25 metres. Sweett!!!!

The Cavenator betta watch out for in the TdF as Sagan is looking sharp.

Just watched that final win.

He beat Tommeke in the final 25 metres. Sweett!!!!

The Cavenator betta watch out for in the TdF as Sagan is looking sharp.

Yes, going to be interesting, although the do seem a bit different: Sagan is a more versatile sprinter. Cav needs his lead out train most the time; Sagan also does well at uphill sprints.

Yes, going to be interesting, although the do seem a bit different: Sagan is a more versatile sprinter. Cav needs his lead out train most the time; Sagan also does well at uphill sprints.

I agree, kosmonooit.

He is more the power sprinter type, like EBH and somewhat Hushovd.

Hope there are several false flats for Sagan to roll over the Cav.

I agree, kosmonooit.

He is more the power sprinter type, like EBH and somewhat Hushovd.

Hope there are several false flats for Sagan to roll over the Cav.

Will Sagan be riding the TDF?

This Giro has not happened as I hoped, like me and the team wanted. But it will not be my last Giro,” said Basso. “We have nothing we can blame. I declined and this is what explains the ranking. Next I will go to the Tour to help Vincenzo Nibali.”

This Giro has not happened as I hoped, like me and the team wanted. But it will not be my last Giro,” said Basso. “We have nothing we can blame. I declined and this is what explains the ranking. Next I will go to the Tour to help Vincenzo Nibali.”

From Cycling news, a bit sad but in a way the truth:

Where now for Italy’s most successful stage racer since Marco Pantani? In truth and perhaps most worrying for both Ivan Basso and his team was that fact the Gallarate rider was never really in contention for the Giro and at every key moment he was found wanting. Against a more competitive field with a Cadel Evans or Alberto Contador he would have completely crumbled, and at the age of 34 it’s hard to see how Basso can bounce back. While that’s a tough question he will have to face over the coming days and weeks it’s an altogether different problem for his employers. By all accounts Nibali will leave for Astana at the end of the season, win or lose at the Tour, leaving Italy’s biggest team without a genuine team leader for next year. Next up is the Tour where Nibali will look to salvage Italian stage racing. Basso may still ride in support and frankly it would be the safest option as he continues his slow decline. An August encounter with Contador at the Vuelta would be an annihilation. Fair play to Basso in one sense though because at the top of the Stelvio it would have been very easy for him to turn his back on the journalists waiting for him. Instead he answered questions, admitted he was off the pace and praised the competition.

Tim Duggan (Liquigas-Cannondale) captured the USA Cycling Professional Road Race after attacking out of group of five in the closing smaller circuits of downtown Greenville, South Carolina.

Tim Duggan (Liquigas-Cannondale) captured the USA Cycling Professional Road Race after attacking out of group of five in the closing smaller circuits of downtown Greenville, South Carolina.

Awesome news!

Duggan reminds me so much of Darren Lill - shortish, punchy, powerful rider.

He showed up well at the Tour Of California. So this is good news!!!

http://velonews.competitor.com/files/2012/05/DugganwinsUSPRO_RR512-015-632x421.jpg

http://velonews.competitor.com/files/2012/05/DugganwinsUSPRO_RR512-015-632x421.jpg

Nice reward for him for all the hard work he did during the Tour of California - Well Done !!