EF Education-EasyPost : Chirps, Opinions, Updates

'Dale

so is Sagan going to Alonso then?

Not sure - Tinkoff is busy insulting Peter Sagan for not signing with him - could be some kind of marketing ploy. Maybe Alonso is going to get his team of the ground in time if he still wants to sign with him. The rest of the Cannondale team are all in talks with Vaughters so it looks like that the Slipsteam deal is on the go.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Until anything is confirmed via the official channels. . Tinkoff press release and not oleg Tinkov’s twitter account.. I won't believe nada.so I want real pics and rider confirmation.

Until anything is confirmed via the official channels. . Tinkoff press release and not oleg Tinkov’s twitter account.. I won't believe nada.so I want real pics and rider confirmation.

BRATISLAVA, Slovakia (AFP) — Tour de France green jersey winner Peter Sagan will join Tinkoff-Saxo next season, the Slovak daily Sport said on Tuesday.

It claimed the Russian-owned team would probably officially announce the deal after Thursday’s stage 5 of the Tour of Poland.

“The three-time winner of the green jersey from the Tour de France has signed a contract with the team of Russian entrepreneur Oleg Tinkov,” the report said.

Although the 24-year-old Slovak, currently with Italian team Cannondale, won the Tour’s green jersey for the third year in a row last month, he failed to win a stage this year.

He has had a fairly unsuccessful season by his high standards, with victories at E3 Harelbeke and the Slovakian national road race on his palmares.

He was second in Strade Bianche, third at Gent-Welvelgem, sixth in Paris-Roubaix, and 10th at Milano-Sanremo.

Sagan also finished second in four Tour stages while coming fourth in another four.

Sagan was courted by Astana as well as the new Spanish team being built for next season by Formula One star Fernando Alonso, the report said.

Read more at http://velonews.comp...Cdc5oM4L23Pi.99

Well it's Thursday and we await the official announcement. . Cause claims and sources don't work for me.

really hope Sagan doesn't go to Tinkoff.....

I think Mr Tickoff will put unrealistic expectations onto Mr Sagan, he is still young and does not need this kind of pressure or expectations.

I think Mr Tickoff will put unrealistic expectations onto Mr Sagan, he is still young and does not need this kind of pressure or expectations.

. Imagine what Riis will be able to do with Sagan..yoh yoh..

Besides possibly turning him to an even better rider they will manage his season better.

Edited by Gen

. Imagine what Riis will be able to do with Sagan..yoh yoh..

Besides possibly turning him to an even better rider they will manage his season better.

News conference is about to begin - lets see what comes out of it !!

Edited by nickc

News conference is about to begin - lets see what comes out of it !!

Nada.. so far except that Saxobank are staying on as one of the title sponsors.

really hope Sagan doesn't go to Tinkoff.....

He has signed Juraj Sagan - done deal then :( wherever Peter goes he insists Juraj is there as well.

I think for Sagan this is the best move. . Cannondale have been relying heavily on him to get results the whole season,.. . I do think under Riis he will really be managed better (calender and strategy wise)