EF Education-EasyPost : Chirps, Opinions, Updates

'Dale

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Uran at least still staying? Not that he is his money's worth to be honest. He will probably be nowhere for a year or so till he gets another surprise result.

They seriously need high profile riders otherwise I don't see the sponsor staying

Is Uran at least still staying? Not that he is his money's worth to be honest. He will probably be nowhere for a year or so till he gets another surprise result.

They seriously need high profile riders otherwise I don't see the sponsor staying

Yip

Mick is fortunately still there

His podium at TdF means a lot for the team

And he's an incredulous team man - highly regarded

“I am thrilled to join Trek-Segafredo because it’s such a great team. Right after my first conversations with Luca [Guercilena, General Manager] and the team’s directors, I immediately felt this would be the right team for me. It’s great to hear what the plans are for the team as a whole and I will do my very best to be a part of that. It’s just like I have been doing in the previous years: making the races exciting, and who knows, springing a surprise here and there.”

Tom Skujins,exiting to Trek Segafredo

“I re-signed with this team because I’ve really found my niche here in Slipstream. I think it’s really important to find your spot in a WorldTour team, and knowing that I’ve carved out a place for myself here, there was always motivation to stay.

Simon Clarke

Slipstream Sports announced the signing of Dan McLay on Monday, one day after his win at Tour de l’Eurométropole. The 25-year-old joins the WorldTour from Fortuneo – Oscaro.

“I’m really happy to step up to the WorldTour, and I think this is the perfect team for me as I make that move to the top level,” said McLay. “This is a crucial moment in my career. I’m getting to the age where I’m no longer considered a young and developing rider. It’s time for me to perform before the grey hairs start to appear.”

“Dan is a rider that we have followed for a long time,” said sport director Charly Wegelius. “His talent is clear for all to see. It’s a big satisfaction to finally get him on board, and we are looking forward to helping him take the next steps in his development.”

Kiwi-born and British-bred, McLay began his U23 career in 2011 as a 19-year-old Dave Rayner-funded rider based out of Belgium. He took his first victory at the GP Stad Waregem, the U23 Dwars dor Vlaanderen race, and snagged another five wins in the weeks that followed. His results netted him a contract with Lotto’s development program that would eventually span four years.

Source: Slipstream Sports

so when does Dale change the thread title...Dec 31st?

Slipstream Sports announced the signing of Dan McLay on Monday, one day after his win at Tour de l’Eurométropole. The 25-year-old joins the WorldTour from Fortuneo – Oscaro.

“I’m really happy to step up to the WorldTour, and I think this is the perfect team for me as I make that move to the top level,” said McLay. “This is a crucial moment in my career. I’m getting to the age where I’m no longer considered a young and developing rider. It’s time for me to perform before the grey hairs start to appear.”

“Dan is a rider that we have followed for a long time,” said sport director Charly Wegelius. “His talent is clear for all to see. It’s a big satisfaction to finally get him on board, and we are looking forward to helping him take the next steps in his development.”

Kiwi-born and British-bred, McLay began his U23 career in 2011 as a 19-year-old Dave Rayner-funded rider based out of Belgium. He took his first victory at the GP Stad Waregem, the U23 Dwars dor Vlaanderen race, and snagged another five wins in the weeks that followed. His results netted him a contract with Lotto’s development program that would eventually span four years.

Source: Slipstream Sports

this is interesting!

He's been a top performer from 2nd tier for a number of seasons now.

“I re-signed with this team because I’ve really found my niche here in Slipstream. I think it’s really important to find your spot in a WorldTour team, and knowing that I’ve carved out a place for myself here, there was always motivation to stay.

Simon Clarke

he has south african cousins that are friends of mine. i inform them of his cycling exploits!

• Andrew Talansky:
  •  
  • After a short, restful break, I’m officially un-retired and ready to share my next chapter! Growing up in Florida I swam and ran cross country competitively before picking up cycling. See where this is headed? Triathlon, and what’s often considered the ultimate test of mind, body, and spirit: Ironman.
  • Most often in life we are pulled towards the logical path, but I've always preferred to let my heart and intuition lead me. I’m fortunate to be able to follow my passion--that which inspires and motivates me--and take on the challenge of venturing into the unknown.

As I enter the world of Triathlon and Ironman I’ll be supported by a great group of partners who share my values, excitement, and commitment to this new adventure. I am also looking forward to using this platform to further my work with charitable causes that I feel strongly about.

With much to learn I’ll be in Hawaii checking out #IMKONA next week. Please say hi if you see me swimming, riding, running or out and about with my family and I hope you’ll follow along here to share in the journey.

#ironmantri #roadtokona

• 2 weeks later...

THE PHONE CALL CAME IN ON AUGUST 25, early in the morning. Jonathan Vaughters picked it up, listened for a few minutes, and was sure his team was dead.

Vaughters and Slipstream Sports, the management company behind Cannondale-Drapac Pro Cycling, had been on the sponsorship prowl for a year. They were already looking, really. Since 2010 the team endured two mergers and added or changed title sponsors five more times (Garmin, Garmin-Transitions, Garmin-Sharp, Garmin-Barracuda, Cannondale). Slipstream kept moving, grasping onto whatever funding it could find because cycling’s sponsorship model punishes idleness with death.

“We’re cockroaches in a nuclear apocalypse,” Vaughters says.

READ MORE HERE

http://www.velonews.com/2017/10/feature/inside-slipstreams-brush-with-death_450279/amp

THE PHONE CALL CAME IN ON AUGUST 25, early in the morning. Jonathan Vaughters picked it up, listened for a few minutes, and was sure his team was dead.

Vaughters and Slipstream Sports, the management company behind Cannondale-Drapac Pro Cycling, had been on the sponsorship prowl for a year. They were already looking, really. Since 2010 the team endured two mergers and added or changed title sponsors five more times (Garmin, Garmin-Transitions, Garmin-Sharp, Garmin-Barracuda, Cannondale). Slipstream kept moving, grasping onto whatever funding it could find because cycling’s sponsorship model punishes idleness with death.

“We’re cockroaches in a nuclear apocalypse,” Vaughters says.

READ MORE HERE

http://www.velonews.com/2017/10/feature/inside-slipstreams-brush-with-death_450279/amp

Good article !!!!

“Some riders don’t seem to enjoy themselves when they’re focused on their racing, they see everything as being a battle, with themselves or with others. I don’t think that way. We’ve got to live our lives as well as possible. That’s why fame means nothing to me. I just love racing my bike and being a professional rider. I think we’re all human beings and that we’re all the same. I think the most important thing in life is to do what you love. Otherwise it all becomes too hard.”

READ MORE HERE AS CYCLINGNEWS FEATURES MICK

http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/rigoberto-uran-fame-means-nothing-to-me-i-just-love-racing-my-bike/

Edited by 'Dale