Van Gaalens Mountain biking and running trails

L.T.G

Ta, thanks meneer :thumbup:

rouxtjie,

firstly merry christmas.

here's the file, rode the river yesterday, both sides (excluding the "coming down from the Greek Church" side)

at about 5.5 kms is the new trail "Kassan"-but i'm convinced that's the wrong spelling- i think Erik's called it...AWESOME!!! not long but so much fun.

was insanely muddy yesterday and if you had a taste for spider webs it'd be stellar!! i was gulping them down like first year varsity student funnels!

I'll be there again tomorrow afternoon after work to either SS concrete road, dagga pad , railway and river back or Greek Church (including new trail) with my DuelSusser.

anyway after all that blah blah( i get very excited talking about the trails at VG) here's the link...

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/136310883

• Replies 971
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1324839834[/url]' post='1555381']

so is van gaalens open tomorrow?

Yip just closed today and new years day ( and the tuesdays as usual)

Hey guys... some more pics, first 2 are really Sh!tt%, but i was riding and couldn't stop it was so awesome.. rolleyes.gif

next 2 are the entrance to the new trail off the district road and what's opposite , just to help spot it.

last is a coffee shop i encountered on the trail.. only there was no coffee and no shop.. just a quaint rest stop Erik madeclap.gif

post-6012-0-44777700-1325012001.jpg

post-6012-0-85060400-1325012014.jpg

post-6012-0-18805200-1325012024.jpg

post-6012-0-68157300-1325012048.jpg

post-6012-0-60216500-1325012161.jpg

and oh yes.. ignore the date on the pics.. it's an old phone i use for riding.. only realized RIGHT NOW the date is wrongblush.gif

at least 30km of singletrack before even touching

The Concrete Road

Dagga Pad

Pofadder

The Greek Church ( which has the most awesome singletrack coming back down through the donga)

Oom Piet

that's just around the river and farm house..

I LOVE THIS PLACE!!

if you're just reading this and saying "hmmm this place sounds ok, I should try it some time"

you're making a mistake!!!!!!!!!!

You should be saying....

"I'm going there NOW!!!!!!!"

because

it's AMAZING!!!!!

thumbup1.gifFUN GAALENSthumbup1.gif

Yeah I really need to ride there allot more, only been there twice which is a crying shame !

The Magalies Adventure totally blew my mind :clap:

you dont perhaps have the garmin links for these new sections LTG

no doubt you've ridden the Greek Church route, well here's the new loop Erik's added.

when Erik says something is tough and you need granny gear... you know it's going to be a challenge.

(garmin glitched out when i was trying to avoid some cows on the way down to the river hence the break at around 18kms)

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/137281226

Big up LTG, fanks for the GPS routes, guess its me and VG this weekend :thumbup:

pleasure.

rode there yesterday afternoon, with a bunch of 6 mates... one of my best rides of the last 12 months!

we only did the singletrack around the farmhouse, (30km &95% was singletrack) similar to http://connect.garmin.com/activity/136310883 just a lot faster!

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO awesome!

the trails are in amazing shape, so fast and flowing.. I'm still pumped from the ride today!

enjoy when you do... trails are so sweet you'll come back with cavities!:clap:

• 2 weeks later...

Rode this yesterday.

Man alive this place is soooo much fun. Really enjoyed it.

Concrete strips are not anything to mess around with. We got so lost so many times but just kept on going.

The one thing i could not figure out. I am guessing the single track does not have a specified direction. There were a few close calls with riders coming in the other direction.

Here is the route we took

http://www.endomondo.com/workouts/34409367

Hi, I'm looking to put about 60km of good fun riding into my legs on sunday. Can anyone send me their routes for this distance. I have seen some on Garmin connect, but I'm not sure what the state of the trails are.

debruijn.gary(AT)gmail(dot)com

Thanks

Hi, I'm looking to put about 60km of good fun riding into my legs on sunday. Can anyone send me their routes for this distance. I have seen some on Garmin connect, but I'm not sure what the state of the trails are.

debruijn.gary(AT)gmail(dot)com

Thanks

PM sent...check your hub inbox

Rode this yesterday.

Man alive this place is soooo much fun. Really enjoyed it.

Concrete strips are not anything to mess around with. We got so lost so many times but just kept on going.

The one thing i could not figure out. I am guessing the single track does not have a specified direction. There were a few close calls with riders coming in the other direction.

Here is the route we took

http://www.endomondo...rkouts/34409367

The awesome thing with FUN Gaalens is you can piece routes together depending on what kind of riding, has easy, how hard, how much climbing etc.

next time you're out there, trying turning left at the bottom of the hill when you come down from doing the Concrete Road, that'll take you to do DaggaPad....AWESOMENESS!!and if you have the legs on the way back finish off the Greek Church.

did my first ride there today, and man what a nice place to train, must say though got lost a few times and ended going up the the one ways lol, but still good fun, one thing though man the mud next to the river stinks at places :wacko: but still definitely worth the R40 and petrol to get there to ride :thumbup: