Carnival City Macsteel National Classic 2011

Shanster-SA

Gee you gonna be a lot faster than that.

I did a sub 3hr last year for the 103km.

I think you should target a sub 2hr.

i havent be cycling long but i'm aiming for 2hrs20min max but im sure my lady friends can do it in 3hrs. :thumbup:

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Dischem 65km nearly killed me as any hill murders me. Hoping this weekends 65km wont be as bad as the Dischem :unsure:

Much easier.

According to my Polar, Carnival has 595m of climbing, I think the 94.7 has close to 1000m.

Thanks! I seriously sc*ewed up on the 94.7 and I'm looking forward to a long ride. Simply went too hard, too early and paid penalty points. Lesson learnt.

i havent be cycling long but i'm aiming for 2hrs20min max but im sure my lady friends can do it in 3hrs. :thumbup:

Shanster, hopefully they not gonna ride away from you! Are you training in and around Bedfordview?

This will be my first race, also my only race before the argus.

Looking at the profile it isn't so bad... Past few weekends I have been training and doing over 110km at once at times (around Sterkfontein caves area and Lanseria)I should be ok?

Its flattish but don't underestimate the race, after the fast downhill into Heidelberg its undulating from then on and if you've over done it you could find yourself battling the section on the R23 back to the start, unlike the R4S you finish on a slight uphill.

Very flat ride. Especially the shorter distance. The route profile really doesnt paint a proper picture.

thanks spinnerman i'll keep that in mind next time.

So im starting 7:49 in CL.

I need to train more. bofore i did the ARGUS i did it in 2:39 now i hope to do it in in under 3:30 :blush:

Shanster, hopefully they not gonna ride away from you! Are you training in and around Bedfordview?

:lol: maybe hey lol

i work in bedfordview live in the south around the glen area

So im starting 7:49 in CL.

I need to train more. bofore i did the ARGUS i did it in 2:39 now i hope to do it in in under 3:30 :blush:

7:49?

u sure that's not a typo?

Its flattish but don't underestimate the race, after the fast downhill into Heidelberg its undulating from then on and if you've over done it you could find yourself battling the section on the R23 back to the start, unlike the R4S you finish on a slight uphill.

lol slight up hill the last time i heard that was from nic white on the right to ride.its only slight hills you'll be fine damm i almost die it was up hill after hill the cradle so slight doesnt work with me :lol:

I'm sure you'll do fine Shanster, just be aware the route on the R23 from the R550 join is shared by the long and medium distance riders so try keep as far left as you can,

Look for the big tent top look alike that covers Carnival city and you're home. :thumbup:

"no it are write"

7:49 CL as posted on the web.

ya, saw it now too

late start - eish! hot hot hot by that time already