Carnival City Macsteel National Classic 2011

Shanster-SA

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

SeededBL !!! :( How i dont know , been racing in AL FOR A YEAR NOW , WHATS THE STORY !!!???

Maybe it is the first time i am doing this ride :( will try bliksem the pace :)

SeededBL !!! :( How i dont know , been racing in AL FOR A YEAR NOW , WHATS THE STORY !!!???

Maybe it is the first time i am doing this ride :( will try bliksem the pace :)

With a number of previously licensed rides from last year not taking out a licence for 2011, their seeding should get them into the A bunch as well. Not saying this is the case, but it;s a possibility as I know of a number of ex-Vets now riding in the open cats.

With a number of previously licensed rides from last year not taking out a licence for 2011, their seeding should get them into the A bunch as well. Not saying this is the case, but it;s a possibility as I know of a number of ex-Vets now riding in the open cats.

Yup, that's me - and I shouldn't really be there 'cos I can't keep up with the top half of the group, but getting some good workouts in the meantime :) !

Averaged the FastOne about 35kmh and the R4S at about 37kmh(weird but true, FastOne is not THAT fast), do you think the Carnival will be faster in order for me to do a sub 3, I would like a 2:45 on the Carnival though......

What start group are you in?

The average speed of the main bunch for the following groups are shown below:

AL (40.7 - 2:30)

BL (38.5 - 2:40)

CL (36.7 - 2:48)

DL (36.0 - 2:51)

EL (35.5 - 2:54)

The distance this time is only 103Km, so to do a 2:45 you have to average 37.5km/h

Possible if you ride in a bunch at that speed, highly unlikely if you're on your own.

Good luck

Thanks for the pics Frosty. Nice to have a better idea of what to expect tomorrow! And thanks for the pot hole fixage! :clap: :clap:

How much of the 65km route is single lane road?

Edited by Zerin

Double lane road until 10Km, then single carriageway until 49Km, then it's dual until the finish, so that's 39Km

Frosty, do you perhaps know anything about the 20km route?

edited to add: Found the route...cannot complain - it's flat :blush: :blush: :blush:

Michelle

Edited by Puncture Girl

Hi Guys Thanks for the great Marshalling and markings. Really enjoyed race. Managed to stay with Bl Bunch till some nasty drag cut the fun short and I was :( left behind with a couple of serious wheel-suckers - not that I mind cause I understand how it feels when your legs don't want work.