Carnival City Macsteel National Classic 2011

Shanster-SA

Group riding is not that difficult. The thing is that you need to concentrate, once in the bunch peeps get to be nerves and slam hard on the brakes and swerve hard. In a bunch the mane thing is Focus, keep calm, don’t overlap wheels, and keep your line, don’t look back, and learn from others

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the great race everyone. Organisation was very good as was the marshaling. I think starting A infront of Cat 3 was a good decision.

Group riding is not that difficult. The thing is that you need to concentrate, once in the bunch peeps get to be nerves and slam hard on the brakes and swerve hard. In a bunch the mane thing is Focus, keep calm, don’t overlap wheels, and keep your line, don’t look back, and learn from others

Yes. It all comes with experience. The more you ride in the bunch the more your confidence grows. The best way to learn is to do.

Frosty got it right regards starting bunches, the lead groups of the bunches finished in the order they started. Had they started according to how CSA originally wanted it there would have been serious overlaps particulary with C4 and AL group.

Frosty got it right regards starting bunches, the lead groups of the bunches finished in the order they started. Had they started according to how CSA originally wanted it there would have been serious overlaps particulary with C4 and AL group.

True

Started in AL - Got puncture 26km into the race - Fixed puncture and then did a solo for approx 22km (Funny how you notice the wind , even a breeze when you are alone)

C3 came past got on their wheel ( Marshals warned me that the are coming past, well done) and lost them just before Heidelberg, then got a nice group of 7 going. Thanks to the 4 that helped me in front.

Number AL 1114 ( Marius Venter ) Fritz Pinaar Cycling kit - Thank for your hard work in front and also for the grappies - you made my day !

Well done organizers, Marshals , every body involved. Great event

:clap: :thumbup: :clap: :thumbup:

I'm a very proud dad. My son (11) did his first race yesterday doing the 65km. I had him sucking my wheel for the whole time and he finished from DM with a time of 2:20:35. For those we passed on the uphills :D , I was the one on the white Silverback Space and he was on the Raleigh RC6000. I better watch myself as in 3 years time, I'll have to suck his wheel the whole time...

Hi guys, thanks for the positive feedback. While our race went off well there is still room for improvement.

With that said, please send me your suggestions to improve the race for 2012.

Some points received so far:

The later start groups (DL - HL) were too big;

No emergency number on the race number;

Prize giving was late (CSA had problems getting the results);

Post on this thread, or email info at germistonwheelers dot co dot za

Frosty & team, excellent job !!!!

I know there was a crash just before the finish when we came in. Everybody wanting to get to the front & some guys were finished.

Potholes, turns, etc were all well marked.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Hi Indy, I was one of the guys who came down :( some chop on my right on a blue Bianchi decided to cut left , hit the guy just infront of me on my left , caught a wobble and went down , I had no where to go , really angry as I pulled the bunch a fair amount of the way :)No major injuries or damage , just a lekka roastie and a few cosmetic scratches :)

Well done Frosty :) :clap: :clap: :clap: Probably one of the best events all round , as mentioned by others , great parking , awesome road markings , well organized :) Big Up , Hope fully some others can take a few feathers out your cap.

I have on little complaint , the first aid tent was far away , took me a while to find after my fall.

All in all WELL DONE !!!

Started in AL - Got puncture 26km into the race - Fixed puncture and then did a solo for approx 22km (Funny how you notice the wind , even a breeze when you are alone)

C3 came past got on their wheel ( Marshals warned me that the are coming past, well done) and lost them just before Heidelberg, then got a nice group of 7 going. Thanks to the 4 that helped me in front.

Number AL 1114 ( Marius Venter ) Fritz Pinaar Cycling kit - Thank for your hard work in front and also for the grappies - you made my day !

Well done organizers, Marshals , every body involved. Great event

:clap: :thumbup: :clap: :thumbup:

What kit did you ride with

Wow. Thanks to all that were involved. It was a great race. :clap:

Lots of positives, Marshals, parking, pothole repairs, road markings.:thumbup:

CL bunch was big (not to big tho), the announcement of our star was just a bit confusing, we only realised that it is our bunch that is supposed to go when the guys inform of us started riding L

With such a nice race it is hard to think of any improvements.

O ja: To the guy in the DL group with the Hybrid and yellow hootter shouting and swearing at the slower/short group riders. Get a Live!!!:angry:

What kit did you ride with

Cycle lab bib and Green with rainbow top (Little stars) and also red sidi shoes.

|Al 1101)

(Riding in the Little stars kit to raise bucks for a little disadvantage school in Orient hills , Magalies)

+1 Organisers were spot on!

Trubie, I know that you always ride a good hard race and I thaught I would sit on your wheel just to keep up, I never did the race before, so when you passed me I stuck like super glue, before the one left turn I fell a bit behind, but not to worry I will sprint in after the turn, Hahahahah I did not know it was down hill, The bunch droped me quick. I was all alone with 40Km to go, But you gus rode a good race :thumbup:

You mean, you allow me to pass you and you dont even introduce yourself..........

Next time!!

Ja it was good one yesterday. Last 30 k's was certainly a lot harder than the first 70 odd :)