Carnival City Macsteel National Classic 2011

Shanster-SA

Wow. Thanks to all that were involved. It was a great race. :clap:

Lots of positives, Marshals, parking, pothole repairs, road markings.:thumbup:

CL bunch was big (not to big tho), the announcement of our star was just a bit confusing, we only realised that it is our bunch that is supposed to go when the guys inform of us started riding L

With such a nice race it is hard to think of any improvements.

O ja: To the guy in the DL group with the Hybrid and yellow hootter shouting and swearing at the slower/short group riders. Get a Live!!!:angry:

Have to agree ,awsome race ,also got PB of 03:02:47 out of CL ,I think I'm ready for a SUB 3 ,just keep them race's flat Ok!

Edited by CharlV

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really enjoyed the race and would be hard pressed to find anything to fault.

If I had to gripe about something, it would have to be about the guys starting ahead of their start groups. There were quite a few DL's and even an EL or 2 in the CL group. But in the end, no harm, no foul.

I would like to thank the marshal on the motorbike, that chaperoned the CLs, for his excellent work. I feel it did make a difference in safety to have his presence at the front of the group.

And also, high five to the guy in the blue kit that broke away with me with about 15km's to go. It was good fun :thumbup:

Have to agree ,awsome race ,also got PB of 03:02:47 out of CL ,I think I'm ready for a SUB 3 ,just keep them race's flat Ok!

Hi CharlIV

What kit did you wear?

Hi CharlIV

What kit did you wear?

Hi Gman

Orange and White Mazda Extreme Top ,on a 906 merida 4 bottel cages......... of which one fell off at 70 km over the " Rumble strips" . Hooked up with rider in RTB red and white top the last 15 km's , what where you wearing ?What was your time ?

Charl V

Edited by CharlV

Anyone know how long Sportcam.net take to load the photos? This race is a major personal acheivement for me and i REALLY want my photos. I know i rode past two photographers camping out on the road side so i know i have a couple of photos waiting for my purchase.

Was there a photographer at the Dischem?

Hi Gman

Orange and White Mazda Extreme Top ,on a 906 merida 4 bottel cages......... of which one fell off at 70 km over the " Rumble strips" . Hooked up with rider in RTB red and white top the last 15 km's , what where you wearing ?What was your time ?

Charl V

3:04 White and blue Velo kit on a giant (yellow and black)

I think I saw you up the road before we turned right and joind the shorter route.

Cycle lab bib and Green with rainbow top (Little stars) and also red sidi shoes.

|Al 1101)

(Riding in the Little stars kit to raise bucks for a little disadvantage school in Orient hills , Magalies)

b.t.w. I am a CL club memenr even though I'm riding only with half kit. ;)

Edited by Prozac

If I had to gripe about something, it would have to be about the guys starting ahead of their start groups. There were quite a few DL's and even an EL or 2 in the CL group. But in the end, no harm, no foul.

I would like to thank the marshal on the motorbike, that chaperoned the CLs, for his excellent work. I feel it did make a difference in safety to have his presence at the front of the group.

And also, high five to the guy in the blue kit that broke away with me with about 15km's to go. It was good fun :thumbup:

I also saw a New Horizons rider in A that had a B number. Though I do think riders starting ahead of their groups is a problem at every race.

The Macsteel riders and their guests - a lot in Change A Life kit were put in CL after the original Race no.s were issued.

I'm a very proud dad. My son (11) did his first race yesterday doing the 65km. I had him sucking my wheel for the whole time and he finished from DM with a time of 2:20:35. For those we passed on the uphills :D , I was the one on the white Silverback Space and he was on the Raleigh RC6000. I better watch myself as in 3 years time, I'll have to suck his wheel the whole time...

Excellent! Congrats to both of you! :thumbup: :clap: :clap: :clap:

The rules are quite specific about riders leaving in advance groups. Does anybody know whether organisers actually do disqualify riders that start in the wrong groups? Should be quite simple to do this check post the event using the timing chip recordings.

My husband was disqualified at the 94.7. Somehow he started one group ahead of him after asking a guy at the start to check his nr. for him to make sure he is in the right group. He is always very specific in making sure he starts in the right group. I phoned them after we could not find his time at a later stage and they

just wouldn't listen to reason and said that his time was removed and he was disqualified because he started in the wrong group. So yes in some races you do get disqualified.

My husband was disqualified at the 94.7. Somehow he started one group ahead of him after asking a guy at the start to check his nr. for him to make sure he is in the right group. He is always very specific in making sure he starts in the right group. I phoned them after we could not find his time at a later stage and they

just wouldn't listen to reason and said that his time was removed and he was disqualified because he started in the wrong group. So yes in some races you do get disqualified.

it is not nice when this happens, this has been an honest mistake.

But in most races guys takes changes and move forward only to be dropped and then just become a danger on the road. They should have a automatic disqualification system.

"if start group not equal to entry group then DQF"

That was (Tiny) Deon on the Motorbike...Will give him the message, thank you.

From The Helivac Marshals, A huge thank you to the organizers for a race well planned and executed. We are proud to have been of service to the organizers and cyclists.

Thanks to all the cyclist for an enjoyable day.

Anyone know what happened with the draw for the bike? I was out on he road till late. Everyone was packing up when I got in and wasn't clear where the draw happened / was going to happen.

Hi Indy, I was one of the guys who came down :( some chop on my right on a blue Bianchi decided to cut left , hit the guy just infront of me on my left , caught a wobble and went down , I had no where to go , really angry as I pulled the bunch a fair amount of the way :)No major injuries or damage , just a lekka roastie and a few cosmetic scratches :)

Eish, sorry to hear about that.

It didn't sound too serious but I didn't look back. To be honest I never look back when I hear a crash.

I stayed on the RHS thinking that it would be clear but it wasn't, the LHS was clear but eventually got a gap and put in a small sprint.

It's a problem as everything gets narrow and everybody wants to sprint for the line.

A similar thing happened to me at Amashova last year, a was like a ping bong ball but somehow I managed to stay on my bike and finished safely.

Edited by Indigo Kid