Sharpening up for the Argus

JulesV

So two training weeks to go really, what are you guys doing?

Personally I try and do killarney + race over the weekend or killarney + intervals over the weekend with riding to work easy pace on Mondays and Fridays - enough you think?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So two training weeks to go really, what are you guys doing?

Personally I try and do killarney + race over the weekend or killarney + intervals over the weekend with riding to work easy pace on Mondays and Fridays - enough you think?

Enough for what exactly? Enough to ride 109km - undoubtedly

We did a 133km this weekend. Including Van Rhynspas. About 800m of vertical climbing and a maximum gradient of 23%. I can feel it in my legs this morning.

Edited by Breezer

After work 20-30km daily (Mon-Fri) and around 150km during weekend (with one of the days over 100km at once)

I'm a noob when it comes to cycling but I hope this is also enough

Am also doing the Carnival City Macsteel race this coming weekend :clap: :clap:

Enough for what exactly? Enough to ride 109km - undoubtedly

Ah yes, suppose I had to be a bit more specific. The distance is no problem, I need to up the intensity/speed at which I can cover that distance?

After work 20-30km daily (Mon-Fri) and around 150km during weekend (with one of the days over 100km at once)

I'm a noob when it comes to cycling but I hope this is also enough

Am also doing the Carnival City Macsteel race this coming weekend :clap: :clap:

For a noob, that sounds impressive! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Ah yes, suppose I had to be a bit more specific. The distance is no problem, I need to up the intensity/speed at which I can cover that distance?

Ok good luck, if you have the base training intervals and racing will help.

I have heard all this talk about carbo loading & that you get fit when you rest.

So I am going to drink lots of beer while lying on the couch. I feel a sub 3 coming!

I've been doing a fair of amount of commuting and MTB events (and Sabie coming up this weekend) but havent ridden my road bike for yonks, hopefully a whirl of Suikerbosrand this week if I can manage to skive off work.

I've been doing a fair of amount of commuting and MTB events (and Sabie coming up this weekend) but havent ridden my road bike for yonks, hopefully a whirl of Suikerbosrand this week if I can manage to skive off work.

Come do the Bay City this weekend.. More than enough climbing to get you interested and see how your legs are doing.

Thanks but I think I am going to get lots of climbing action on the Sabie Classic although I will have the luxury of those low mtb gears.