Road Hogs

Motorist

Guest coenie

this argument is as good as p!ss!ing into the wind.

The bottom line, whether you think it's justified or not: Motorists (including myself) get irritated with guys riding in bunches on the road.

Maybe it's comparable to tractors, maybe its's not. That's not the point here.

Also, some guys say that it's only a few "seconds" of your time. Remember that time is the most valuable thing you'll ever get in life... Therefore a person's "time" has to be respected and valued higher than almost anything else.

It is the point that everyone drives the way they want to but moans about cyclist only.....I am going to drive the speed of a cyclist from now on......

Thus I am not going to care about anyones time....maybe motorist will stop moaning aobut cyclist ?

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys are doing a great job at just trying to piss each other off and show who has the last laugh. A car WILL kill a cyclist. The guy posted a post and got a few good responses by telling him to go to the club involved and complain. They should then send someone to the spot in question on the weekends and find out who these guys are and strip them of their club colours. We should ALL write to the club and complain about the situation. Then they might do something about it. But no let's just keep writing posts and keep the situation at boiling point. Good work.

Edited by Top Fuel

Guest coenie

You guys are doing a great job at just trying to piss each other off and show who has the last laugh. A car WILL kill a cyclist. The guy posted a post and got a few good responses by telling him to go to the club involved and complain. They should then send someone to the spot in question on the weekends and find out who these guys are and strip them of their club colours. We should ALL write to the club and complain about the situation. Then they might do something about it. But no let's just keep writing posts and keep the situation at boiling point. Good work.

I hope you are this passionate about changing the world of slow drivers, taxis, people driving while talking on their cellphone...write letters and have them stripped of their cellphones

I hope you are this passionate about changing the world of slow drivers, taxis, people driving while talking on their cellphone...write letters and have them stripped of their cellphones

I do my best to keep my attitude and driving skills to the law. I don't run red lights, I try to never speed, I don't run orange lights. I don't sit and preach to the world cause I am not perfect but this attitude form both sides is going nowhere. I do report bad driving if they have numbers on the back of their vehicles, or if they have company names.

Edited by Top Fuel

Guest coenie

I do my best to keep my attitude and driving skills to the law. I don't run red lights, I try to never speed, I don't run orange lights. I don't sit and preach to the world cause I am not perfect but this attitude form both sides is going nowhere.

Fair enough....then why do you want to preach to other cyclist?

If the driver was wrong to take photos of these Club100 okes (he says he had a passenger - so be it), his and other motorists wrongs don't make cycling all over the road any less wrong... it just paints all cyclists with the same brush.

have you seen the other thread "car runs over cyclists"..? scary stuff! and it shows the reality of who wins in the car vs human challenge..

People can be selfish. And make bad choices.

I've just read through this whole thread again trying to come to some conclusion.

The thing I noticed most is that most roadies jump in to defend themselves by showing that motorists break the law as well by talking on cellphones while driving for example. Most cyclists also drive cars and I'm sure they've also talked on their phones while driving.

But this is not what the thread was about. The first post started by showing how some cyclists don't have any respect for other road users.

Stop playing tit for tat and answer the first post. It was said that the cyclists on the photo didn't have consideration for the other drivers. Yes, there might not have been a car in sight at the time of the photo, but I'm sure there were a few.

Lastly, is it safe to drive like that at times over the weekend when those roads become very busy?

Ek vra maar net...

Our training ride yesterday, we rode tempo avg. 36km/h. and yes it was nerve-racking for me to take the pick, I was proud that we had enough space and still rode single file

post-4415-0-88529200-1299218668.jpg

Looks like the new section going past Phokeng!? Lovely wide, open, fairly car free roads you have there. :thumbup:

See you okes next week. :D

Looks like the new section going past Phokeng!? Lovely wide, open, fairly car free roads you have there. :thumbup:

See you okes next week. :D

Jip, Nice and quiet enough, “lekker” rolling hills, we just love that road, all of the cyclists love that road, and motorists are getting use to the cyclists on that road.

PS. Pic was taken with HTC Desire cell phone

Our training ride yesterday, we rode tempo avg. 36km/h. and yes it was nerve-racking for me to take the pick, I was proud that we had enough space and still rode single file

No that is how it is suppose to be. I will gladly ride with you guys if you can guarantee me you take the same care when it comes to stop streets and traffic lights. :clap:

Is that a triathlete in the paceline? Thats wrong. He should be 10 meters behind the group or 10 in front. :D

But, I don't see why you should be single file in the yellow lane. It is safe for two abreast, and if you really want to get close to one another, 3.

Edited by cervelo

No that is how it is suppose to be. I will gladly ride with you guys if you can guarantee me you take the same care when it comes to stop streets and traffic lights. :clap:

I will be honest with you, Red lights we stop, Stop streets rolling stop, depends on the amount of traffic at specific stop street, at that time. One of the stops leading to this road we are on is on a down hill, to do a dead stop at the bottem? mmmmm almost never happens. it is a 4 way stop. so for that we are at fault, till one day the speedcop will be waiting :D