The Flu - Please Help!

Bennie Dikwiel

Woke up this morning with the typical early symptoms of the flu. The Argus is only 10 days away - what do I do now???

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Homopatiese teen griep inspuiting en bly van jou fiets af tot dan...selfde met my gebeur laas jaar ook tien dae voor 'n event...was nie 100% maar kon deelneem en goed klaar maak. Bly eerder weg as dit heeltemal in griep ontaard!

Hoop dit help!

I was diagnosed with URTI this morning, not good. Hope I recover in time, had hell of a feaver last night

Med lemon and plenty of rest.

Some Macxill Antibiotic and Mypaid.

But, the body needs rest and NO TRAINING!!!

Homeopathic remedies do not work.

And an antibiotic will do nothing either - other than add to the drug resistant strains.

Rest and maybe some drugs to take on the symptoms.

Woke up this morning with the typical early symptoms of the flu. The Argus is only 10 days away - what do I do now???

You need to go see the doc. Unfortunately the symptoms wont go away.Inform your doc about the time left before the Argus. Two years ago I picked up flu a week before the 94.7 My doc had me on a 3 day antibiotic course. Got an injection everyday for 3 days. It really works fast and is efficient.Last injection was the Friday, the 94.7 was the Sunday and I was "A" for away.To boost your immune system go to your pharmacy for a B-Complex injection.At least 4 injections over the next 10 days(must be made up with B complex & B6) Luckily my wife is a registered nurse so she comes in handy when it is time for an injection. Good luck :thumbup:

Do not ever train with flu. You can irreparably damage your heart muscles. Homeopathic stuff does work but it aggravates the symtoms speeding up the process of healing (but making you feel worse). Stay off antibiotics - they are to prevent secondary infections and do nothing for viruses. PS - there is nothing a docter can do but tell you to rest, not train and give you antibiotics 'just in case'.

Edited by Just Keep Pedaling

Its no use over dosing yourself with Vitc and other stuff, your body will only flush it out. You can relieve the sysmtoms such as runny nose and sore throat but your body has to fight it. As suggested visit the doc and get their advice and I'm sure if you rest a few days you should be ok.

If it is proper flu, nothing you can do for the next 4 days, you might get meds to help ease the symptoms, but it's gonna stay with you for 4 days, than, hopefully it won't go into your chest and start a cough.

Either way, rest is the best medicine, rest alot, no last minute training!

Do not ever train with flu. You can irreparably damage your heart muscles. Homeopathic stuff does work but it aggravates the symtoms speeding up the process of healing (but making you feel worse). Stay off antibiotics - they are to prevent secondary infections and do nothing for viruses. PS - there is nothing a docter can do but tell you to rest, not train and give you antibiotics 'just in case'.

Sorry - homeopathic stuff does not work.

You are correct about antibiotics

Edited by Albereth

Scotty is right. Scientific trials show that vitamins are highly effective at preventing colds/flu but absolutely useless at curing them. That being said - it can't hurt - besides, most people 'feel much better' after a vitamin B injection.

Watse Homopatiese teen griep inspuiting het jy gebruik? - Ek load nou maar op met "ViraChoice C"

Gou my apteek gebel, dit is mengsel van: Gripheal-Achineaforce-Engyftol, glo wyd beskikbaar by apteke, maar hulle kon my nie die proporsie gee nie, die verpleegster wat dit toedien is siek met griep by die huis...LOL...jammer maar ek moes lag toe ek dit hoor. Seker vergeet om haarself 'n shot te gee!

Ook waar wat die ander skryf, die B-Vit inspuiting laat jou wel beter voel.

Edited by Ed-Zulu

"Sorry - homeopathic stuff does not work."

They are used by many, many people and sold in every pharmacy I have been into.

Your anecdotal evidence that they do not work for you is not exactly helpful.

Edited by Just Keep Pedaling