what will you be doing during the argus.... ?

ichnusa

Doing no. 15(??) Best seeding ever, but I have been injured and did almost no training since December.

Anybody else doing a leisurely Argus from G (or a few groups after), is welcome to join me.

I will be stopping at the water points to make up for all the coke I did not drink on previous years.

I will be on my hybrid (leaving the road bike at home) sporting a lion's mane... (which mrs mountain_lion must still make)

Can't miss me, so say hello when you go past. :D

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Doing no. 15(??) Best seeding ever, but I have been injured and did almost no training since December.

Anybody else doing a leisurely Argus from G (or a few groups after), is welcome to join me.

I will be stopping at the water points to make up for all the coke I did not drink on previous years.

I will be on my hybrid (leaving the road bike at home) sporting a lion's mane... (which mrs mountain_lion must still make)

Can't miss me, so say hello when you go past. :D

bergleeu!

i'll be starting in L and will never catch you.

doing it on a borrowed chro-moly bike, if you'd like to fall back a few groups? where's mrs lion seeded?

I might just look for some potholes up Chappies en Suikerbossie to dunk my front wheel into it. Then I would have a great excuse.:P

I might just look for some potholes up Chappies en Suikerbossie to dunk my front wheel into it. Then I would have a great excuse.:P

Ag no man Burts. You must ride like a wild beast!! Gooi Kole pappa oop en toe. Teef hom. Ry hom boeta ry hom. :lol:

You not going to find any up Chappies and Suikerbosie... The roads are in VERY good condition up there. However, you might find a good few between Smits and Misty Cliffs, but that is a 45km/h + area and putting your front wheel into those at that speed, could be a bit nasty :blink:

Edited by I-FELT-the-FORCE

I'll be up Suikerbossie, supporting Hubbers in a pint-T (breast cancer awareness) with tongs and bacon in one hand, and a beer in the other hand, trying to persuade my mates that tehy CAN stop for a bite/chat, and it's NOT ALL ABOUT THE CLOCK...!

But I have a few sub-3's 'banked' (new route), so I can afford to mess with their brains...!

Seriously, good luck to all, Suikerbossie will be PINK!

I'll be riding domestique for my 73 year old father, trying my best to keep the stupid wildebeest out of his way, to keep him in my slipstream all the way, to get the savvy guys to help me pull and to ride the lazy ****s off our wheels.

I'll be riding domestique for my 73 year old father, trying my best to keep the stupid wildebeest out of his way, to keep him in my slipstream all the way, to get the savvy guys to help me pull and to ride the lazy ****s off our wheels.

First for me too , then spending the whole week down in Cape Town to see what they have to offer ,anything exiting you guys think we should be doing there ,I am booked at a place called "Die strandloper" on Wedesday ,but I would like to see some wine farms too .............any help ?:rolleyes:

knee injury flared up again, so going to go to the top of Edinburgh Drive to cheer them on and have a day of relaxation...

SO chuffed with my knee it's unbelievable!

This sux man, Im in a similar boat, Rode that 3day GR 300 2 weeks ago, Knee was niggling and getting proper sore just before so I had a phisio stap it up whalla, no problems for 3 hard days of Mtb, then I got sick and only got out yesterday for the first time in 2 weeks, glad flu is over, but I could hardly walk after my ride yesterday.. Now im like WTF.. I'll just not rude untill sunday and strap it tight and take some Myprods, then take 2- 3 weeks off, watch that fitness go gdown the drain..

As for the origional Question. I'll be at the front ao the group and attack, attack , attack!! this fricken sub 3 story aint going to do it by itself, Im in C which didnt get near last year, so Im thinking If the wind doesnt blow to much Im still going to ride my tits off to give myself a chance. So I'll be looking for those with similar agenda at the front of C bunch. If you want it, Go gettit! then I'll go for the anual post argus surf at Glenbeach and watch the ou's come in..

Good luck to all

Doing my 19th, on my way to number 21.

Just want to finish not like the last two years, accident in 2009 and wheel problem in 2010

Doing my 5th

But the fun part is sundowners in Campsbay, dinner afterwards in Fish hoek, .....

:D