Cyclist killed

Starvin' Marvin

A cyclist was killed this morning in East london. 630am,bright sunshine in the midle of town on a 4 lane road. WTF is going on? :cursing:

Rest in peace

A cyclist was killed this morning in East london. 630am,bright sunshine in the midle of town on a 4 lane road. WTF is going on? :cursing:

Rest in peace

Just heard the news on Algoa FM -

Seriously sad...

RIP unknown cyclist and all condolences to the family, maybe all of us doing the Argus should wear a black band on our sleeves in memory of all the cyclists killed on the road and to call attention to all the deaths of cyclists. I was almost taken out by a taxi this morning turning in front of me at an intersection, he saw me and still turned. Despite an invitation to stop and discuss the matter, the taxi driver continued on. Perhaps I should have expressed the invitation in politer terms.

I received a call yesterday asking if i knew who the cyclist was who was killed

on Monday morning on Ontdekkers. That makes two in four days. In different Cities.

But it is NOT GOOD NEWS.

May they Rest in Peace

Edited by Big G

Eish, my daughter just BBM'd me this news.

Apparently in his 40's and was struck by a 22m truck.

RIP

on Monday morning on Ontdekkers. That makes two in four days. In different Cities.

But it is NOT GOOD NEWS.

May they Rest in Peace

Ontdekkers, Roodepoort?

How often is it trucks? The youngster, Michael Ramsay at the Lassens Series was also killed by a truck. Condolences and thoughts are wit the families of all unfortunate accidents.

But it is NOT GOOD NEWS.

May they Rest in Peace

Can you provide more details of this incident??...I ride on this road often.

Yes, it is Mr. Amos Senior (age 54). He traveled in the same direction as the truck, don't know how he ended up under it. Could be one of many ways, but still very tragic.I was called to ask if it was not my son!! He cycles the same time/and was in a bad accident in October last year.

I was with his son and his brother in law this morning. Please pray for strength during this testing time.

Rest In Peace.

A few years ago I was climbing Krugersdorp hill on a Friday afternoon (a week before Argus). The cyclist behind me (+- 50m) was hit by a car and killed. The cops called me 2 weeks later to ask if I knew the guy and said no one had come forward to claim the body !!!!!!

So folks please do cycle with ID and medical aid details on you ! Also dont cycle on Friday afternoons a lot of people go for a few beers after work in the afternoon's including myself :unsure:

Edited by Seeker911

Hi Cyclists, On Sunday morning 6 March 2011 at 06:30, 4 cyclists were taken out from behind with a bakkie at Uitenhage Cuyler Manor on the R367 old road between Uitenhage and Despatch. The driver of the bakkie claim he could not see due to the raising sun and decided to move to the left side of the road onto the yellow line.  He struck the four cyclists from behind.  I and four other cyclists arrived at the seen of the accident a few minutes after it had happened.  Lucky for us one of our cyclist were late that morning and we started our group ride later than normal otherwise we would have joined this group and then there would have been 9 cyclists involved in this accident.  Only through Gods mercy was no one killed.  One cyclist was kept overnight for observation because he had breathing problems but nothing broken, one cyclist had his collar bone broken, and the other two had less serious back injuries and abrasions . The unfortunate cyclists were Adiel Salie, Munier, Faseeg and Zaid. When we approached the accident seen, I had difficulty to see the commotion in front of me even with sunglasses on.  This should be a warning to all cyclists that with the winter season approaching and the sunrise appearing later each morning one must take this into consideration when selecting a cycling route. It is better to be proactive and protect yourself against and accident of this nature by having a car following your from behind or start cycling a few minutes later in the morning after the sun has risen or cycle in a western direction with the sun behind you.  Remember, rather be safe than sorry.  Please share this e-mail with your cycling friends. Kind regards

This is aroud PE. area