Cycle Tour Trust, please move the expo

Red Zone

So I went to the expo today. The parking situation is a disaster, the old Good Hope Centre is a dog in need of demolition and is realy not suited to the expo, the expo needs to be moved to the CTICC, ample parking and a great place to showcase the largest timed cycle race in the world.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

did anyone see the cost of the rd tyres

I need to buy Gatorskins at the expo. Any on special?

How many bicycles can park in the space occupied by one car? Get off your lazy buttocks (no reference to Thor here) and ride your fiets!

(The Good Hope Centre is a much, much more interesting architectural concept than the CTICC. It just needs some really good maintenance)

How many bicycles can park in the space occupied by one car? Get off your lazy buttocks (no reference to Thor here) and ride your fiets!

(The Good Hope Centre is a much, much more interesting architectural concept than the CTICC. It just needs some really good maintenance)

Not all the tjops want to walk around the expo in their cleats or socks...

I need to buy Gatorskins at the expo. Any on special?

i think cwc had them on at R750 including tubes. wasn't a good enough special to fancy my tickle tho'

not as many bike shops present as per the usual, maybe a lack of competition? hmmmm...

So I went to the expo today. The parking situation is a disaster, the old Good Hope Centre is a dog in need of demolition and is realy not suited to the expo, the expo needs to be moved to the CTICC, ample parking and a great place to showcase the largest timed cycle race in the world.

I agree - you have my vote !!

They could have Argus Expo at Green Point Stadium with some actions!! BMX shows, Red Bull guys doing shows, Topless ladies like europe bike show..... It is a bit dead!

Oh the irony, the Argus was started to promote cycing and in particular bike lines and there are no bike lanes around the GHC. I popped in after a meeting in Town, otherwise I would have taken my bike in, I did count three bikes in the bike park though so there are some like minded folks.

You surely jest about the GHC being an interesting architectural concept? It is an introspective monolith with no relation to human scale, the broader urban context, it has poor accessibility, limited configuration and restricted application. It is devoid of architectural flair and eloquence. It turns its back on the City and has no relation to the streetscape. I could go on but this is a cycling forum, but to put it in context, The GHC is Shimano Sora, it hardly works and has no character, now if it were Campy Super Record....

They could have Argus Expo at Green Point Stadium with some actions!! BMX shows, Red Bull guys doing shows, Topless ladies like europe bike show..... It is a bit dead!

Genius Dude! lets hope someone is listening

The GHC is Shimano Sora, it hardly works and has no character, now if it were Campy Super Record....

Ek sal jou mos d*nn*r :angry: , los my Sora uit!!!! Ignorance is bliss :thumbup:

BTW, I have no knowledge of CT, and have to find the GHC. Please help!!! :blush:

Huh, dont let SACAP hear you say that, its supposed to be one of the greenest buildings around.

Peronally the GHC doesn't do much for me. Its almost as ugly as the tampons up in Vredehoek. The Argus is meant to be an international event. Surely we would like to showcase the best the City has to offer? The GHC is beyond repair if you ask me. I'd say demolish the place and extend the Technicon facilities to this site.

i think cwc had them on at R750 including tubes. wasn't a good enough special to fancy my tickle tho'

not as many bike shops present as per the usual, maybe a lack of competition? hmmmm...

two gatorskins and two tubes for R600 at CWC, was what I saw. They had marked the price down on the original special