Cycle Tour Trust, please move the expo

Red Zone

I totally agree. The place is an embaressment. Shocking, and it stank when I was there too. I was at the 94.7 expo and I enjoyed it so much I was expecting this to be twice as good, but whilst the stalls were great, the whole place is a sh-hole. CTICC is a no-brainer.

Yip, stank like flippen toilet.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the Expo was a waist of time.

Specials were none existent. Why exhibitors come to the show selling there wares at the same prices as they are in the shop is beyoned me.

Price fixing if you ask me. A few rands difference here and there.

Saw about 4 bicycle brands and only about 2 or 3 bicycle shops. What about the rest? Why are they not pitching!

Everyone is keen to buy something at the expo.

I am in the market for a new helmet and shoes but the prices were exactly the same as buying them in the store. So whats the use!

Make it worth our while. Where is the competition?

I thought the Expo was a waist of time.

Specials were none existent. Why exhibitors come to the show selling there wares at the same prices as they are in the shop is beyoned me.

Price fixing if you ask me. A few rands difference here and there.

Saw about 4 bicycle brands and only about 2 or 3 bicycle shops. What about the rest? Why are they not pitching!

Everyone is keen to buy something at the expo.

I am in the market for a new helmet and shoes but the prices were exactly the same as buying them in the store. So whats the use!

Make it worth our while. Where is the competition?

+1 I agree totally!!!! The expo was a bit off-beat this year.

+1 I agree totally!!!! The expo was a bit off-beat this year.

I think all expo's are just dieing a slow death worldwide.

I attend expo's all over the world and every one is down (okay maybe the computer expo in Vegas is an exception)there are a few reasons, the main one is the internet which has put product in the hands of the consumer at a price bricks and motar shops cannot match, people are also able to browse new products on-line and see them often long before they arrive in stores, and the cost of the stands are too high to allow vendors or exhibitors to offer big specials if they hope to recover their costs of exhibiting.

Vendors need to see a return on exhibiting, usually sales, they can advertise anywhere and shows are not always good mediums, so unless their outlay is recovered, they seldom return.

I agree with expos dying and specials non existant. I also have a gripe and i hope these guys are taking note. I strictly ride mtb. So last week I entered my first MTB challeng, sorry "The Cape Argus Pick & Pay MTB Challenge" hmmm sounds almost like that famous race. Anyways I collected my number, No goody bag. Very Dissappointed, Did the race thousands of people present. Visited the Expo to buy a new dual SuS bike, these are expensive. Only 2 brands were displaying. Also I had to pay to enter. This sucks. The cure for expos dying a slow death, make it more exciting like in the states. Add activities, get more brands in, who wants to see local bike shops, why cant wholesalers sell there stuff at the expo, a once a year bargain. Oh and price fixing, I am pretty sure. I looked at a bike in the states. It worked out to R10 000, but when I checked here for the same bike it was almost R40 000, taxes and import duties dont cost that much, neither does transport

Edited by Riyadh

I think the only reason the use the GHC is because the tour is "sponsored / endorsed" by the City of Cape Town - who owns the GHC (if I remember correctly), so the Cycle Tour Trust practically gets it for small change, while the CTICC will cost mega $$$...

Ive been saying it for a oouple of years now the Good Hope Centre is a real mess and I hate going there, resent the drunk vagrants the aggressive parking attendants and the mess ( broken bottles, papers etc ) that litter the place all over and the smell of urine and then lack of parking, but what do they care people keep paying and coming back we must be suckers.

Why can the Argus organisers not get people to clean up round the venue and not just a small window dressing clean, I mean a few days before the start of the expo you give it a good clean

So, how about 40 000 letters of complaint to Helen Zille's office??

That will surely get them sitting up & listen??

So, how about 40 000 letters of complaint to Helen Zille's office??

That will surely get them sitting up & listen??

:thumbup:

I doubt the cticc will the that $$$$ the 94.7 expo is in the Sandton convention center.

Maybe the expo could be more attractive by having live shows, Danny Mcaskill style etc. indoor tricks competitions, maybe even a urban DH race to coincide etc.

Or the city must just put some money in the GHC and fix it up. What else is it used for?

I think the only reason the use the GHC is because the tour is "sponsored / endorsed" by the City of Cape Town - who owns the GHC (if I remember correctly), so the Cycle Tour Trust practically gets it for small change, while the CTICC will cost mega $$$...

Yeah, it is a costing challenge to have it anywhere else...

The GHC works well.

Not glamorous. Plain practical.

I agree with expos dying and specials non existant. I also have a gripe and i hope these guys are taking note. I strictly ride mtb. So last week I entered my first MTB challeng, sorry "The Cape Argus Pick & Pay MTB Challenge" hmmm sounds almost like that famous race. Anyways I collected my number, No goody bag. Very Dissappointed, Did the race thousands of people present. Visited the Expo to buy a new dual SuS bike, these are expensive. Only 2 brands were displaying. Also I had to pay to enter. This sucks. The cure for expos dying a slow death, make it more exciting like in the states. Add activities, get more brands in, who wants to see local bike shops, why cant wholesalers sell there stuff at the expo, a once a year bargain. Oh and price fixing, I am pretty sure. I looked at a bike in the states. It worked out to R10 000, but when I checked here for the same bike it was almost R40 000, taxes and import duties dont cost that much, neither does transport

Agree - lack of goody bag was a disappointment - things have changed. Must say tho I never expected bargains at the Road Argus Expo but enjoyed the show and new produts on display. best deals are to be had from the LBS, last years models and such like and those never make it to the expo.