Single speed projects

divernick

Seems the bike building and SS bug has really taken hold........

The bike just feel so much more a part of you when you work on them. Knowing you chose well researched components / parts and tweaking the ride as you swop bits and pieces really makes the ride that much more awesome. im hooked for sure.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder which has the bigger following....Road single speeders or MTB single speeders?

I know who has bigger trees!

post-43832-0-61828300-1369755762_thumb.jpg

i took my GT-SS mtb 26" for a spin today after tighten the rear sprocket but i found it would lie slip when i wanted to put the power down on it .

any device on this issue

i'v got it running 32 / 18 ATM but i dnt like it as it feels like im spinning at gym so i'm gonna change the front 34or36

or should i change the 18 to a 16 ???? 32/16

Edited by The Gas Man

i took my GT-SS mtb 26" for a spin today after tighten the rear sprocket but i found it would lie slip when i wanted to put the power down on it .

any device on this issue

i'v got it running 32 / 18 ATM but i dnt like it as it feels like im spinning at gym so i'm gonna change the front 34or36

or should i change the 18 to a 16 ???? 32/16

Most guys start with a 32/16 on a 26" bike.

What do you mean the sprocket is slipping? Is the chain slipping (in which case check your chain tension) or the actual sprocket moving (in which case the problem could be a bit more substantial)?...

Most guys start with a 32/16 on a 26" bike.

What do you mean the sprocket is slipping? Is the chain slipping (in which case check your chain tension) or the actual sprocket moving (in which case the problem could be a bit more substantial)?...

what i seem to think that once powering down the chain goes loose & crabs onto the loop on the tensioner .

i looked at the scott above my post & it seems the rider has taken that loop off i was also thinking about maybe shorting the chain some more !!!!!

what i seem to think that once powering down the chain goes loose & crabs onto the loop on the tensioner .

i looked at the scott above my post & it seems the rider has taken that loop off i was also thinking about maybe shorting the chain some more !!!!!

Definately sounds like you need to tension the chain more. If there's no room to move the tensioner out anymore, then you'll need to shorten the chain.

The loop you referring acts as a guide. Not all tensioners have these. They're a bit pointless IMO.

im going in to my LBS tomorrow so i will play around might just take the guide off

the gear ratio 32/18 eish i will knock my tetth out if i go to fast

Hey guys, I have burning desire that I really can't explain to build a single speed with a rigid fork, only problem is the price of a rigid, almost fell over when I saw what people want for a 26" rigid. What the hell?

On that note my inspiration is the niner air with a rigid fork but a 26" version. So my parts list so far is as follows:

Conti mountain king 2.4 tires running on mavic 824 rims with hope pro2 evo hubs.

Merida matts tfs 500 frame, 2011 sanded down and sprayed with a Matt black paint job, perhaps a few toughes of electric orange to get some pop.

Shimano slx holotech cranks and 32 tooth blade, not sure about the back yet.

Shimano slx brakes with 203mm rotors.

A fork of some description that makes the bike look awesome, not sure what as yet as I need to find something.

Xt spd peddles.

And some other bits I am sure will make there way onto the bike as he build progresses.

Edited by DaddyG

Hey guys, I have burning desire that I really can't explain to build a single speed with a rigid fork, only problem is the price of a rigid, almost fell over when I saw what people want for a 26" rigid. What the hell?

On that note my inspiration is the niner air with a rigid fork but a 26" version. So my parts list so far is as follows:

Conti mountain king 2.4 tires running on mavic 824 rims with hope pro2 evo hubs.

Merida matts tfs 500 frame, 2011 sanded down and sprayed with a Matt black paint job, perhaps a few toughes of electric orange to get some pop.

Shimano slx holotech cranks and 32 tooth blade, not sure about the back yet.

Shimano slx brakes with 203mm rotors.

A fork of some description that makes the bike look awesome, not sure what as yet as I need to find something.

Xt spd peddles.

And some other bits I am sure will make there way onto the bike as he build progresses.

Sounds like a fun project...how about these carbon forks?

I quite like the look of the On One forks - around R2500?

post-27899-0-46415800-1370586644_thumb.jpg

For well-priced rigid forks in carbon or alloy visit www.carboncycles.cc

http://www.carboncycles.cc/images/products/500x400/CC-F0365.gif