How does this guy get a D start for the Argus?

Spat

Great for the guy starting in D, what does it matter to you anyways?

change your post or it will be changed for you!

no inuslts.

its what 17H40 on my pc clock. You have 5 min to change it or I do it for you.

Edit: you took to long. Post edited.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys are giving Spat such a hard time for quite rightly questioning something that shouldnt be happening!

Ahh yes but as Bananarama & The Fun Boy Three would tell you:

"It aint what you say its the way that you say it".

And Spat didnt quite catch the tone that would bring a kindly response.

Not saying its right, not saying its wrong (Name that BB King track).

Happy Thursday

Edited by Joe Low

D group in the Argus nowadays translates to the about J / K group from the old days before they started introducing licensed age categories.

i rode C group years ago and then started riding the Argus on a tandem with my son. We have progressed from finishing in the 15 000's for our first Argus to the 6 000's in just 4 years. i don't miss the mayhem of 400 wheelsuckers all fighting for that sweetspot but i have a dilemma, next year my son wants to ride on his own bike. i wont even suggest that we ride in the same group because he kicks my arse on the hills big time. its going to interesting to see where the cycletour seed us as individuals. this year we started in M and finished in 3.40

May I suggest you eat more meat!

I would just like something cleared up here. Did the first Muppet who complained about a J batch rider in D, set out at the start of his season to beat that PARTICULAR rider? Or is he maybe aiming to share a podium with Lance Armstrong, and this 'backhanding-shover-inner-J Batcher' has now scotched his chances?

When I line up, wherever, in a race - I set out to race myself. To beat myself, or beat myself up, and have no illusion whatsoever of joining Burry on a platform. So if I jump the queue, eat tainted meat, knock the young lady in front of me off her bike - just in-case, god forbid, she should beat me - who am I kidding?

What is this stupid obsession with beating your own time by cheating. If some chop beats you because he cheated, say he comes 382 out of 34000, beating you by 2 places and 00:00:30sec, is it the end of your world?

Good grief, take up another sport, less crowded, like solo round-the-world yachting. Then you gonna see who's BOSS!

You like so many others miss the point of the thread, it was to highlight the fact that the seeding process is open to favour/contacts...

This should not be the case as some of us, slog up the ladder put effort in to get better and move up so we can ride with faster guys and get faster.

If the process is open to anyone just getting into the higher start groups then why should we bother putting the effort in, it cheapens the sport.

Like I have said before I am not competing with this guy and removed his times etc so that it did not become a personal attack on him, more on the system that should not be open to this type of favours, obviously there are some of you that dissagree and believe that there is nothing wrong with bending the rules.

I also cannot believe that this thread is still going

Edited by Spat

Spat I seriously doubt that the majority of posters would be cool with bending the rules. We are all however aware that in life it's not what you know, but who you know that is sometimes the deciding factor.

You raised a valid question, but I doubt you will get any response from the crew responsible. There is no way to explain why this chap started where he did.

We're suggesting that it's good you sent the mail to make sure there are cyclists 'watching' the process, but don't invest any energy expecting to hear any meaningful result from that.

Have a lekka friday mate! You riding Malmesbury??

I rode with one arm the last 25km's and still beat 36000 riders ....can i move up in the seeds please ? :D

Seriously though ; most of our seeding systems are flawed e.g PPA and Argus (and i don't see that changing any time soon).... I like what was said above " I ride against myself {MiWay advert fan perhaps?}".....it's like golf; play the course not the man, even in matchplay"......focus on yourself cuz you can't really do much about he other guy.

Spat I seriously doubt that the majority of posters would be cool with bending the rules. We are all however aware that in life it's not what you know, but who you know that is sometimes the deciding factor.

You raised a valid question, but I doubt you will get any response from the crew responsible. There is no way to explain why this chap started where he did.

We're suggesting that it's good you sent the mail to make sure there are cyclists 'watching' the process, but don't invest any energy expecting to hear any meaningful result from that.

Have a lekka friday mate! You riding Malmesbury??

I agree with you Tubehunter, not investing any more energy I sent the email off not expecting any response, but like you say at least they know that we are watching the process.

Na man, not riding Malmesbury, looking for MTB now and gonna have some fun on the Mountain.

Have a great one, J and hope you find the tube you were hunting for! ;)

it was to highlight the fact that the seeding process is open to favour/contacts...

And you know this as fact? Much like most of the reporting on the Fukushima nuclear plant, this seems like pure speculation.

I rode with one arm the last 25km's and still beat 36000 riders

Not very surprising, that's quite a weight advantage you had there.

And you know this as fact? Much like most of the reporting on the Fukushima nuclear plant, this seems like pure speculation.

Well I have done what I can to find out if the process is open and fair, you welcome to dimiss it as speculation but there seems to be other hubbers that have experienced the same and also know of and give examples of it happening.

Headhunter I am with you, not phased about this guy.

Was sorry to hear about your fall, hope you recover quickly.

Edited by Spat

Damn this post is long started to scan alot of the replies. However dont take it so serious, gees I thought the argus was a fun ride to be enjoyed by all. If you wanna be serious about seeding, the time you took etc, then see if you can make it as a pro! Then you can complain about seeding and race times. What difference does it make where he started and why? Sorry but i find this topic to be very ..................... cant even think of a word damn!!

the fact that the seeding process is open to favour/contacts...

Yep

Currently you cant use the word "fact" and seeding in the same sentence.

Seeding is like a box of chocolates......

I rode with one arm the last 25km's and still beat 36000 riders ....can i move up in the seeds please ? :D

Seriously though ; most of our seeding systems are flawed e.g PPA and Argus (and i don't see that changing any time soon).... I like what was said above " I ride against myself {MiWay advert fan perhaps?}".....it's like golf; play the course not the man, even in matchplay"......focus on yourself cuz you can't really do much about he other guy.

Well I have done what I can to find out if the process is open and fair, you welcome to dimiss it as speculation but there seems to be other hubbers that have experienced the same and also know of and give examples of it happening.

Headhunter I am with you, not phased about this guy.

Was sorry to hear about your fall, hope you recover quickly.

You fell Headhunter?

Sorry, this is basically the only thread I have read for the past two weeks.

Life is a bit crazy at the moment.

You ok?

Did you fall at the argus?