Cape Times Vigne-a-Vigne 2011

SWM1

From the site

We apologise for the delay in posting the results. Due to the fact that some riders chose to ride the short route despite registering for the long route, the result rankings needs to be checked manually and it may not be possible to provide an official ranking for the 2011 Cape Times Vigne à Vigne. If you would like to receive your time, please email info@cape-epic.com and we will give you your race time. Our sincere apologies and you have our commitment that the 2012 Cape Times Vigne à Vigne will have accurate race results similar to those delivered for the Absa Cape Epic.

Timing chips?

mmmmm......Most of us know our times (from our cycle computers) - so no, I won't phone for my time.

What I normally find more useful is to see the times of the all the other riders - to see how I and others compare.

So, very POOR show on this event !

Edited by Lounge Lizard

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully everyone remembers this come the race next year. Do some talking with your wallets. ;)

Guest Frail4Life

Here I WAS led to BELIEVE ONLY road races CHARGED high entry fees.

What IS BEYOND ME is people KNOWLY pay these ridiculous fees.

FOR WHAT?

You say you will be BACK next year, WHY?

STUPIDITY?

There was an appology from Grandstand about the timing fiasco and a promise to improve with next year's event. I gathered that the timing issue is not "fixable" as many riders simply abandoned the long route to ride the short route. On a manually timed event the responsibility vests with the rider to report to the race office to advise them that they did not complete the course.

You can be sure that Grandstand would have learnt from this. One thing that is extremely important to Kevin Vermaak is his brand, so I will be very surprised if nothing is being done about this for next year's event. The other option of course is to can the race next year as this is small change in the bigger scheme of things.

2 years ago the Grape Escape was a disaster. We ended up starting late and riders went home without riding due to bottlenecks at registration. They promised to clean up their act for the next year's event. Last year it was one of the best races I have riden. Rain and all. This year its on the MTN national calendar.

So in stead of moaning about something that happened a month ago, lets try and be constructive and lets see what they come up with for next year.

• 11 months later...

So in stead of moaning about something that happened a month ago, lets try and be constructive and lets see what they come up with for next year.

The anticipation is killing me, guess we would have to wait until tomorrow!