Formula 1...

'Dale

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe they could fix F1 by changing these 2 rules.

1. FIA supplied and controlled rear wing. (be able to control drag but importantly also have a lot of control over the turbulent air the front car creates. By reducing this cars will be able to follow much closer)

2. Steel brakes and controlled pads. (No more of this exotic 300km/h to zero in 80 meter crap. Lengthen the braking zone, improve overtaking opportunity)

Read a F1 tech article yesterday on the breakthrough in brake disc technology.

Ferrari has now got a disc with 1400 venting/cooling holes. Yes you read correct, 1-4-0-0!!!!

Insane.

When last has a driver won a championship in a car that did not win the constructors of that same year???

There's the problem right there.......

There.  Fixed F1 ;-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xv8zzLVRF9g

Jokes aside - I watched the full race of which a small clip was doing the rounds where Troy Corser was racing a 1930's BMW against a bunch of 1950's Nortons and Matchless G50's ridden by some of the worlds top riders.  Was a cracking race - I bet it's had more views on Youtube than this weekends F1 race in Mexico.  Point is, you could really dumb the F1 cars down a, and allow more flexibility with the rules and you would have just as good a race as that Barry Sheen Tribute race at Goodwood.

There.  Fixed F1 ;-)

Jokes aside - I watched the full race of which a small clip was doing the rounds where Troy Corser was racing a 1930's BMW against a bunch of 1950's Nortons and Matchless G50's ridden by some of the worlds top riders.  Was a cracking race - I bet it's had more views on Youtube than this weekends F1 race in Mexico.  Point is, you could really dumb the F1 cars down a, and allow more flexibility with the rules and you would have just as good a race as that Barry Sheen Tribute race at Goodwood.

The thing is it isn't necessary to dumb down the racing.

MotoGP isn't dumbed down but with spec electronics and tyres that are decent and don't rely on too much management we have had some damn good racing. Yes some tracks need tyre management but nothing like the DJ economy like racing in F1.

It is the pinnacle of racing and technology should be allowed to thrive but the rules must level the playing field.

The rules can easily address the finances by stipulating you must spend a certain percentage  of the factory budget on satelite teams. So spend more on your factory team and this will benefit your satelite teams too. It won't level it per se but will at least benefit the also rans.........

Its not an easy problem to solve though...........more so when F1 believes there is no problem to start with!!!

There.  Fixed F1 ;-)

That supercharged bimmer with no rear squish, yeah. He was wringing that thing's neck!

Serious case of the tail wagging the dog in F1 I am afraid.

All of the 50/50 calls that seem to swing Merc's way and now Lewis gets away with his quali shenanigans with no penalties. Really?????

Then you have Seb being called in to weighbridge at the worst time possible.............and getting a fine for questioning it!!!

I feel sorry for Max, was s dick move by Ocon even if he has the right to unlap himself.

Serious case of the tail wagging the dog in F1 I am afraid.

All of the 50/50 calls that seem to swing Merc's way and now Lewis gets away with his quali shenanigans with no penalties. Really?????

Then you have Seb being called in to weighbridge at the worst time possible.............and getting a fine for questioning it!!!

I feel sorry for Max, was s dick move by Ocon even if he has the right to unlap himself.

ya and the way his team boss spoke about the incident was in bad taste , really wanted max to win that one 

and in other news .... why was seb and Bottas' cars so slow compared to their team mates ?

I didn't understand Ferrari this race. They put their drivers on soft tyres to try and go a bit further than the supersoft runners, then pit Vettel very early.

Decent scraps all round. It proves that the drivers can stay within 20m of the car in front if they really want to

Cool story Bro.

Lesson number 1

Be lekker

Lesson number 2

Don't be a d@@s.

Hehehe ????????

He’s not a spiritual leader

The man sure can drive a racing car

I didn't understand Ferrari this race. They put their drivers on soft tyres to try and go a bit further than the supersoft runners, then pit Vettel very early.

Decent scraps all round. It proves that the drivers can stay within 20m of the car in front if they really want to

Ferrari have made weird tyre decisions the whole season. Gone are the days when Ferrari were a stel ahead of everyone ITO strategy. Some days it looks like all they do is see what merc do and then do that.

Ferrari have made weird tyre decisions the whole season. Gone are the days when Ferrari were a stel ahead of everyone ITO strategy. Some days it looks like all they do is see what merc do and then do that.

Ferrari strategy, the ultimate definition of an Oxymoron these days..........

post-35569-0-25319700-1542021574.jpg