Formula 1...

'Dale

We need to ask Ken Block if Seb was indeed correcting a slide or cutting the other tjop off. He knows a thing or two about driving sideways.

I'm pretty darn sure he's correcting a slide as he puts the power down on the grass just before getting back onto the asphalt properly

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ken couldn't quite cut it as a WRC pilot, I often wonder why. Maybe because it's less of a controlled environment??? Love his videos, he clearly has skill.

We need to ask Ken Block if Seb was indeed correcting a slide or cutting the other tjop off. He knows a thing or two about driving sideways.

Ken couldn't quite cut it as a WRC pilot, I often wonder why. Maybe because it's less of a controlled environment??? Love his videos, he clearly has skill.

maybe it's as simple as he can't drive like that AND listen to a co-driver at the same time.... without adversely impacting his speed and concentration. 

I've done a few gymkhanas and "rallies" in my life, and it's not easy trying to drive fast AND listen to someone telling you fast left 60 blind rise caution caution... 

Edited by Captain Fatbastard Mayhem

therein lies the difference? listening to instructions and then executing said instructions at speed. controlled chaos?

maybe it's as simple as he can't drive like that AND listen to a co-driver at the same time.... without adversely impacting his speed and concentration. 

I've done a few gymkhanas and "rallies" in my life, and it's not easy trying to drive fast AND listen to someone telling you fast left 60 blind rise caution caution... 

He saw what was coming, and then placed his car in the position, very well. Clever move.

agreed, any other driver would of slowed down and wait for a crash

He saw what was coming, and then placed his car in the position, very well. Clever move.

Disagree, if you watch the cockpit cam view you can see he is still correcting the car slide from the grass.

Vettel did not have much option where his car ended up.

However in hindsight, they (Ferrari) should have immediately told Vettel to give the position the Hamilton.... that way they most likely would have not been penalised 5 sec.

Disagree, if you watch the cockpit cam view you can see he is still correcting the car slide from the grass.

Vettel did not have much option where his car ended up.

However in hindsight, they (Ferrari) should have immediately told Vettel to give the position the Hamilton.... that way they most likely would have not been penalised 5 sec.

Then he still would've come 2nd. To win, they would need to ask themselves what was more likely:

- give up the place but then overtake Ham, or;

- keep the place and try and extend the lead by over 5 sec

Then he still would've come 2nd. To win, they would need to ask themselves what was more likely:

- give up the place but then overtake Ham, or;

- keep the place and try and extend the lead by over 5 sec

IMO Attempting to overtake would have been a better option to + 5 seconds

Anyway, it’s what it is

Allowed for some some fun antics after the race... vettel moving the position board.... LMAO

IMO Attempting to overtake would have been a better option to + 5 seconds

Anyway, it’s what it is

Allowed for some some fun antics after the race... vettel moving the position board.... LMAO

It's a tough one, but I agree. I think trying to overtake might have been the better option.

Also had a good laugh when he moved the boards, a subtle F.U to the stewards. Surprised he hasn't been reprimanded or fined for that.