Formula 1...

'Dale

I see this thread will be going through a bit of a slow patch.

News so far then, seems Mclaren Honda relationship is off to a rocky start. 2 days and 2 registered laps in testing isn't a great start. Hope they get their act together.

Bottas seems to be a big threat for 2015, wouldn't be surprised to see the Williams Mercedes engines suddenly "under-performing" next year.

Hulkenburg to drive Le mans, that should be interesting.

I also managed to win my last race in our German Clubs simulator challenge and received my prize last year. Really chuffed, now to find somewhere to put it......

attachicon.gifDSC_0132.JPG

Looks like we will also be putting a team together to take on the Virtual le mans in 2015.

Have the exact same wheel as you do! My seat is the nitro one. You do any GT6 online efforts SK?

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have the exact same wheel as you do! My seat is the nitro one. You do any GT6 online efforts SK?

When we raced we used the G27 wheel which is really nice but overpriced I reckon. The DFGT is great with the on the fly TCS adjustments, see you can adjust brake bias, 4WD differential, etc too in GT6.

I really enjoyed the online seasonals in GT5.

Not so much with GT6, I keep updating and it just corrupts the data and goes back to Ver 1.0, no idea why.

It's so frustrating as I have to lug my TV and PS3 to the office for the bigger updates which I have done like 3 or 4 times already!!!

Haven't tried in a while so might give it a bash. I think GT6 overall is disappointing, rushed release as usual for Polyphony.

Have a corner in the garage with all my kit connected to an LCD monitor with an HDMI port. Kit is being tested by some family at their place to see whether dad buys a present for his kids that he will probably end up using most.... Should have it back next week.

What's your PSN nic? Have a Thursday crew who get together a couple of times a month to do some online racing! We've done both GT5 and GT6. Online options of 5 are better but single player of 6 was more enjoyable for me. Miss the course creator from 5 too.

FIA 'washes its hands' with Bianchi blame - Tambay

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/fia-washes-its-hands-with-bianchi-blame-tambay

http://cdn-2.motorsport.com/static/img/amp/400000/450000/459000/459400/459412/s6_159681/f1-russian-gp-2014-the-marussia-f1-team-mr03-of-jules-bianchi-carries-messages-of-support.jpg

The report said FIA procedures were all followed, including the waving of double yellow flags, but Frenchman Bianchi "over-controlled the oversteering car".

Incompatible with FailSafe

Not only that, the 25-year-old driver, who has not regained consciousness since striking the underside of the vehicle recovery tractor two months ago at 126kph, "applied both throttle and brake together" as he skidded towards it, the panel revealed.

This should have overridden the throttle and cut the engine, but the brake-by-wire system aboard his Marussia "proved to be incompatible with the FailSafe settings".

"The fact that the FailSafe did not disqualify the engine torque requested by the driver may have affected the impact velocity", the panel's report added.

It said Bianchi may have been "distracted by what was happening and the fact that his front wheels had locked, and been unable to steer the car such that it missed the crane".

This McLaren circus around their driver line-up and surrounding power struggles are just becoming more and more ridiculous. 

FIA 'washes its hands' with Bianchi blame - Tambay

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/fia-washes-its-hands-with-bianchi-blame-tambay

http://cdn-2.motorsport.com/static/img/amp/400000/450000/459000/459400/459412/s6_159681/f1-russian-gp-2014-the-marussia-f1-team-mr03-of-jules-bianchi-carries-messages-of-support.jpg

The report said FIA procedures were all followed, including the waving of double yellow flags, but Frenchman Bianchi "over-controlled the oversteering car".

Incompatible with FailSafe

Not only that, the 25-year-old driver, who has not regained consciousness since striking the underside of the vehicle recovery tractor two months ago at 126kph, "applied both throttle and brake together" as he skidded towards it, the panel revealed.

This should have overridden the throttle and cut the engine, but the brake-by-wire system aboard his Marussia "proved to be incompatible with the FailSafe settings".

"The fact that the FailSafe did not disqualify the engine torque requested by the driver may have affected the impact velocity", the panel's report added.

It said Bianchi may have been "distracted by what was happening and the fact that his front wheels had locked, and been unable to steer the car such that it missed the crane".

Surely telemetry would tell the full story???

I see the Japanese track official released a statement saying Bianchi never slowed down sufficiently and that not a closed cockpit or safety apron around the crane wouldn't have lessened the impact.

Seems they are laying all of the blame at (a)Bianchi for not slowing or controlling the car and (b)Marrussia for faulty software and the FailSafe not working.

Sad.

This is a part of may I call it modern-day society that completely peeves me. Why does everything need to be over-analysed and reviewed and fingers pointed? This blame game culture really gets me fired up. 

Don't get me wrong, I am as sad and upset as anybody about what happened. This tragedy happened. Learn from it and improve if and where required. No need for a truth and reconciliation committee. 

Seems I'm in a Monday mood on a Friday... 

This is a part of may I call it modern-day society that completely peeves me. Why does everything need to be over-analysed and reviewed and fingers pointed? This blame game culture really gets me fired up. 

Don't get me wrong, I am as sad and upset as anybody about what happened. This tragedy happened. Learn from it and improve if and where required. No need for a truth and reconciliation committee. 

Seems I'm in a Monday mood on a Friday... 

http://www.ted.com/talks/barry_schwartz_on_the_paradox_of_choice?language=en

Looks like Mclaren is going with Button/Alonso... Its going to be funny if Button beats Alonso :whistling:  I don't think they're are that far off. Button needs a good car and set up though. 

I really hate Mclaren for putting fans through this but I still hope they have a car good enough to challenge for victories next year. 

Sniffpetrol not far behind with his own scoop!

Button gutted to get McLaren drive

http://sniffpetrol.com/2014/12/11/button-gutted-to-get-mclaren-drive/#.VIl3tfmSykE

Rumour has is that Button has signed with a significant pay cut, which is probably why he ended up with the drive. I don't believe, regardless of the cars performance, that he is a title contender. He strikes as the Dani Pedrosa of F1, albeit he has won a title as opposed to DanPed. Good enough for a win now and again, but really there to drive development while also assisting in testing components and set-up for the No.1 contender, in this case Mr Alonso.

Alonso is also the highest paid driver for the 2015 season from what I have heard, so Mclaren are definitely in it to win it I reckon.

Just want to see Button beating Alonso.... it could happen, certainly while Alonso plays himself into a new team.. roll on 2015