Formula 1...

'Dale

This is why I'm starting to dislike this sport...

http://www1.skysports.com/f1/news/17583/9429678/andre-lotterer-replaces-kamui-kobayashi-at-caterham-for-this-weekends-belgian-gp

They won't admit it but we all know it's all about getting in more cash. It makes no sense resting out Kobayashi. Lotterer is awesome but why not replace Ericsson?

The funny thing is that they say it's because of the weather conditions... I just hope for their sake Lotterer don't crash out.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is why I'm starting to dislike this sport...

http://www1.skysport...ends-belgian-gp

They won't admit it but we all know it's all about getting in more cash. It makes no sense resting out Kobayashi. Lotterer is awesome but why not replace Ericsson?

The funny thing is that they say it's because of the weather conditions... I just hope for their sake Lotterer don't crash out.

what a load of bollocks

I rate Kamui as a driver

Guess the new group taking over the team had no intention of getting Honda powerplants, then...! :whistling: (Said in jest, I know they're Renault engined next year...)

Like the guy, one of the few that actually tried overtaking when it was near impossible some years ago. And I seem to remember him as a fairly good driver in the wet...

Maybe they were just scared of (in jest again) the repair bill if Kamui played skittles from the back of the grid into La Source! :ph34r:

Haaahahaha! Yeah... well... left the door open for that one! Maybe my memory is not as good as it should have been.

Still I'd say Mr Ericsson is worse in wet conditions...

The thing with these promotional runs... the tracks are normally terrible when it comes to grip (no excuse though) but it's crazy embarrassing to crash there

My day to be corrected, it seems! Wow, awesome save! Love that last shot showing the damage to the leathers.

Mark Lotterer

"There is a lot more power [in the F1 car] – it would be nice to have that much power in an LMP1 car – but then in the corners it is the opposite," he told Sky Sports F1. "I think our Michelin tyres are a bit better, we can push them much harder and do over 700km on one set of tyres and [the car has] more downforce as well so you can push an LMP1 a bit more in the corners.

"So that was the surprising thing, but we did come a bit low on downforce here so I expect the car to become better. But you do have to restrict yourself and apply yourself a lot."

http://www.f1times.co.uk//news/cache/images/andre-lotterer-caterham.jpg

This kid in F1 thing is just BS to make it interesting. They were hellbent on getting a woman into F1 a few years back - she crashed and lost her eye when she drove into a truck, then that fantasy stopped, same thing with the kid now.

P.S I`m not saying it is not possible for woman or youngsters to make it in F1, but it seems these things are forced, trying to make it interesting, which is wrong.

Edited by Mr X