Formula 1...

'Dale

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

best gp of the year. A complete Merc meltdown

Absolutely loved every moment. Rossberg and Lewis both drove absolutely shocking races. Poor driving from both of them. Happy for Kvyat, what a result, Alonso 5th, Verstappen 4th. We need more races like this.

Absolutely loved every moment. Rossberg and Lewis both drove absolutely shocking races. Poor driving from both of them. Happy for Kvyat, what a result, Alonso 5th, Verstappen 4th. We need more races like this.

Fantastic to have a different podium. I'm starting to build faith that McLaren hacking at the back is coming to an end.

Great race. Absolutely loved it all, bar the Hulkenberg incident. 

Ironically, I was thinking when Hamster pulled that move on Massa that he'd never have avoided the collision the way Massa did had he been the car on the inside... some laps later, his bullying tactics backfired. Was also grimacing at how he (allegedly such a smooth driver) kept locking wheels on warm-up behind the pace car. 

Pity about Kimi getting the bad luck - a 1-2 for Ferrari followed by 3-4 for RB would really have had a nice ring to it! 

Agreed! Hopefully the clampdown on driver starting-aids from Spa onward will give us more of this.

Agreed! Hopefully the clampdown on driver starting-aids from Spa onward will give us more of this.

YAY!!!

You mean no more anti-lag and push button take-off devices

So with our move from PE to PTA in 4 days, and with Hamster getting pole by over 0.5sec, I decided to give the race a miss to rather pack furniture.

#regretthatdecision :cursing:  :cursing: :cursing:  

Looks like it was the one race not to miss this year!!

This to end the weekend where my guy wrecked himself in the Suzuka 8hr from the lead due to technical issues(stuck throttle), but thats a different story altogether.

Edited by Steven Knoetze (sk27)

How hectic was that crash, though. It's a miracle he is still alive.

Yeah, tried to avoid the barrier but hit it anyway. SERIOUS crash!!!!

Worst part is he was looking good up until then, just took over the lead. Making the old dog of a 'blade fly!!!

But that R1, wow. Fast and running an average of 3 laps more than the opposition. Either it really is as good as everyone says, not just motoGP riders punting it as a road going motoGP bike, or they need to scrutinize it a little bit.........

Video: What F1 cars could look like in 2017

They can design them which ever way they want, just put on some Michelin tyres on the damn cars.

• 4 weeks later...