Formula 1...

'Dale

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ja remember years ago when he was "testing" for Ferrari? back then it would have been a masterstroke, not sure if he still has what it takes to emulate John Surtees. Maybe???

i seem to recall a video where he an hamilton swopped rides earlier this year or late last year. 

yeah, he wont be emulating Surtees... and would be lucky to not be compared to Kubika last year but he would be the most popular ou in F1 thats for sure. 

Remember the Red Baron trying his hand at motorbike racing and then falling his chops off just before he made his comeback? aijaijai... and then he went skiing... jass I loved that oke, still do tbh.

i seem to recall a video where he an hamilton swopped rides earlier this year or late last year. 

yeah, he wont be emulating Surtees... and would be lucky to not be compared to Kubika last year but he would be the most popular ou in F1 thats for sure. 

Watched the 79 GP at Kyalami on the weekend.  There was an (in the words of Murray Walker) INCREDIBLY fast pitstop to change to slicks of around 16 seconds.....

I got very wet that day :clap:

Watched the 79 GP at Kyalami on the weekend.  There was an (in the words of Murray Walker) INCREDIBLY fast pitstop to change to slicks of around 16 seconds.....

I loved the old kyalami...

My uncle sponsored Didier de Radigues (250cc) and had an interest in the Suzuki team of mamola Uncini back in the 80's and they came testing there back i nthe day. I used to bunk varsity to attend and hang out with my uncle for those test days. must try find fotos and scan them. 

I have some pics too that I dug out - I was there in 1992 - my dad had contacts with Sasol so we were able to get really close to the Sasol Jordan team.  Can't remember though if the circuit had changed by then?

I shall bring them in and scan them tomorrow

Watch the SA GP and see how the guys exit the pits after they change tyres.  None of this girly pit lane limiter stuff.  It's foot flat and opposite lock all the way down the pitlane - and tough **** if you are a mechanic in the way. It's your own fault for not getting out of the path.....

Watch the SA GP and see how the guys exit the pits after they change tyres.  None of this girly pit lane limiter stuff.  It's foot flat and opposite lock all the way down the pitlane - and tough **** if you are a mechanic in the way. It's your own fault for not getting out of the path.....

Check from 21:10