Formula 1...

'Dale

Vamooos Carlos. Brilliant first win for Sainz. Would have been better for Le Clerc to get the win but I'm stoked for Carlos and Ferrari.

Some weird goings on with Max. How can he so suddenly lose such a huge amount of pace and traction? Red Bull are hiding something. But I'm super happy that Cheko kept sHamilton at bay.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Robbie Stewart said:

Vamooos Carlos. Brilliant first win for Sainz. Would have been better for Le Clerc to get the win but I'm stoked for Carlos and Ferrari.

Some weird goings on with Max. How can he so suddenly lose such a huge amount of pace and traction? Red Bull are hiding something. But I'm super happy that Cheko kept sHamilton at bay.

From what I understand, he had a collision with some debris, that caused damage to he floor, which impacted his downforce significantly. 

Credit to Mick as well, he got his first points and really tried to get past Max but did it in a safe manner to make sure they both reach the Checkered Flag.

Those last 10 laps were mental. You needed so many additional screens to be able to follow all the action on the track.

55 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

From what I understand, he had a collision with some debris, that caused damage to he floor, which impacted his downforce significantly. 

Credit to Mick as well, he got his first points and really tried to get past Max but did it in a safe manner to make sure they both reach the Checkered Flag.

Those last 10 laps were mental. You needed so many additional screens to be able to follow all the action on the track.

It was a good race indeed. I'm very happy for Mick too, yes. Can't believe I forgot about him scoring his maiden points, and 4 at that. Impressive drive from him. The Honey Badger though . . .

And how was that crash of Zhou's. He is so so lucky to walk away unscathed. That must have been terrifying to be in the car. Those spectators must have been praying the car did not clear the fence.

8 minutes ago, Robbie Stewart said:

It was a good race indeed. I'm very happy for Mick too, yes. Can't believe I forgot about him scoring his maiden points, and 4 at that. Impressive drive from him. The Honey Badger though . . .

And how was that crash of Zhou's. He is so so lucky to walk away unscathed. That must have been terrifying to be in the car. Those spectators must have been praying the car did not clear the fence.

Terrifying! Seeing that car sliding on the HALO in the Live feed had me worried. And then they decide not to show a single piece of video thereafter, had me thinking the worst.

2022-07-03 20_45_07-Home _ Twitter.png

1 hour ago, Robbie Stewart said:

Also, our species is doomed to go extinct... Only one Human in this shot has the presence of mind to run away from impending doom 😱

Edited by Vetplant
Spelling, YOH, had a shocker there. I blame Monday morning

1 hour ago, Vetplant said:

Terrifying! Seeing that car sliding on the HALO in the Live feed had me worried. And then they decide not to show a single piece of video thereafter, had me thinking the worst.

2022-07-03 20_45_07-Home _ Twitter.png

That HALO was the thing that saved his life. Same for the F2 race where the HALO again saved one of the drivers from being decapitated by a red bull car.

In this pic also, the HALO is the only barrier between his head and those steel beams.

As for the stupidity of humanity - we live in a world where people will first want to record everything on their phone instead of either getting out of the way, or even just lending a helping hand.

I wonder in this day and age how many pathetic people would be filming the Good Samaritan coming to the aid of the man beaten within an inch of his life while all the supposedly "good people" pass him by, all so that they can post the next viral clip on their social media walls.

1 hour ago, Vetplant said:

And then they decide not to show a single piece of video thereafter, had me thinking the worst.

I suspect the TV producers were mandated to not show any footage until the medical team determined that he was okay. The last thing they would want to do is broadcast the footage of the crash around the globe including his extraction and then later announce that he was injured , or worse.

1 hour ago, Robbie Stewart said:

I suspect the TV producers were mandated to not show any footage until the medical team determined that he was okay. The last thing they would want to do is broadcast the footage of the crash around the globe including his extraction and then later announce that he was injured , or worse.

Yep, that is exactly the thing that made me nervous. If he'd gotten out of the car immediately, they would have shown it. So the fact that nothing was shown, told me they were unsure of his condition, which was concerning.

Seems Albon got off worst though, as he had to go to Hospital, where Zhou was cleared at the track.

Edited by Vetplant

37 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

Yep, that is exactly the thing that made me nervous. If he'd gotten out of the car immediately, they would have shown it. So the fact that nothing was shown, told me they were unsure of his condition, which was concerning.

Seems Ocon got off worst though, as he had to go to Hospital, where Zhou was cleared at the track.

Albon, not Ocon.

12 hours ago, Robbie Stewart said:

Horner reports that after the race they examined the car more closely and found the front wing end plate from a Alpha Tauri stuck in the left hand GE tunnel. This debris effectively chocked the airflow which resulted in around 20% loss of downforce and added a considerable drag penalty.

Cracking race by Carlos and Checo to take points off Charles

Edited by DieselnDust

2 hours ago, Robbie Stewart said:

There was also a track invasion. Environmentalists protesting for the banning of all oil products immediately...

Hence the sudden interest in the grandstands

1 hour ago, DieselnDust said:

Horner reports that after the race they examined the car more closely and found the front wing end plate from a Alpha Tauri stuck in the left hand GE tunnel. This debris effectively chocked the airflow which resulted in around 20% loss of downforce and added a considerable drag penalty.

Cracking race by Carlos and Checo to take points off Charles

so that's how you neutralize your opposition. Just gooi garbage under their car. 

This is quite an interesting pic to see the underside of a F1 car, not something one sees so often.

edit - I makes sense then why Max lost so much power if one of these channels got blocked. Good thing that debris never came unstuck under load as that would end up becoming a missile to the car behind. Felipe Massa comes to mind.

image.png.77a7c5b5ebcf17d7e9657b26da0df708.png

Edited by Robbie Stewart

On 7/3/2022 at 10:48 PM, Robbie Stewart said:

Off of Yuki's car I believe.......

1123182410_WhatsAppImage2022-07-05at8_40_33AM.jpeg.bf50ab3e244dc1c195743787aafe1f3f.jpeg