Formula 1...

'Dale

Cough sorry Mayhem look at the schumi glory days Nothing is below Ferrari especially when it comes to underhanded tactics cheating, bending the rules to suit them. This does not surprise me one iota, and I guarantee you if they pull it off they will celebrate like there's no tomorrow.

Mclaren got caught up in a scandal once (which wasn't really a scandal that behavior was ongoing since the beginning of time by all teams) but when Ferrari saw they were getting their asses kicked they complained about it. While other teams (think it was Renault) had evidence that Ferrari did exactly the same that year.

Im still amazed that Ferrari didn't give Massa the order to take Vettel out, or maybe Massa just never had the chance.

Yeah, just didn't want to bring their rather chequered history into it. Meh. I'm still a Ferrari fan at heart, but I don't smaak any of their drivers.

And I think Massa was trying to do it all race, dude. At least, without it seeming intentional. He failed at that side though. Chopping and changing faster than an Indian rug merchant.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, just didn't want to bring their rather chequered history into it. Meh. I'm still a Ferrari fan at heart, but I don't smaak any of their drivers.

And I think Massa was trying to do it all race, dude. At least, without it seeming intentional. He failed at that side though. Chopping and changing faster than an Indian rug merchant.

Well if you can chop and change faster than a Indian rug merchant the man has at least some sort of skill eek.gif It is a good thing however that Ferrari no longer has pull in the FIA like they use to have, so if its not clearly defined, Im sure they will leave Vettel alone, however if the rule says you have to pass the greenflag before overtaking then he is buggered.

Yeah but he took it before he passed the green, he over took 15 seconds into the clip the green only came up at 20sec not sure how the rules work on that one. But he definitely passed before he got next to the green.

Yeah, I saw that.

My opinion (not based n fact just yet) is that the Green becomes active as soon as you have passed the previous marker. IE: If you can see Yellow then Green, Yellow prevails as it is in the foreground. As soon as you PASS the yellow, the next active flag takes precedence.

Think of waved yellows in crashes. The flags are waved up to and at the site of the crash, but as soon as the crash is cleared the greens are shown and if there aren't any yellows before the green, you're fine to go.

The opposite is true of the safety car though, as that take into account a definitive line that you HAVE to cross before overtaking, due to the fact that the Safety Car is deemed to have been in place for the entire lap, not just a section of the track.

That's my take, at least.

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/groups/f1/forum/topic/youtube-analysis-vettels-yellow-flag-overtakes/?topic_page=5&num=15#post-81011

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/avatars/59614/a6707373d51cef28c7423daabdf5df05-bpthumb.jpgdarkenforca said 1 day, 1 hour ago:

Ok, before I start, I’m a Flag Marshal here in NZ.

@keithcollantine is 100% spot on with his first post.

The way that the Floppy Marker system works, is that say you have a sector on a straight. Flag Point 1, and Flag Point 2. Now, approximately half way between these points will be a Floppy Marker (It changes depending on the location of the flag points and Line of Sight etc.) If there is an incident between FP1 and FP2 that demands a Yellow Flag from FP1 and it is BEFORE the Floppy Marker, then the cars may overtake from the Floppy Marker onwards provided there is a Green Flag at FP2. If the Incident for the Yellow Flag is AFTER the Floppy Marker, then the cars may not overtake until the pass FP2.

Given that not only Vettel passes Toro Rosso AFTER the Floppy Marker between FP4 and FP5, I would call that pass 100% legal. You could also call into question the validity of the Yellow Flag at FP4, but that’s down to the lights operator down at FP4 and they may have been told to put the Yellow light on by Race Control or someone else.

I hope that clears it up.

Ferrari to protest Christmas

http://sniffpetrol.com/2012/11/29/ferrari-to-challenge-christmas/

"...As the rightful users of the red and white colour scheme, we would take over the whole Christmas event,’ said a spokesman. ‘Fernando Alonso has the pace to deliver presents all over the world in just one night and Felipe Massa looks like an elf. Plus, the 2013 car was basically a bit of a turkey."

Ferrari to protest Christmas

http://sniffpetrol.c...enge-christmas/

"...As the rightful users of the red and white colour scheme, we would take over the whole Christmas event,’ said a spokesman. ‘Fernando Alonso has the pace to deliver presents all over the world in just one night and Felipe Massa looks like an elf. Plus, the 2013 car was basically a bit of a turkey."

BWAA HAA HAAA...

Gonna wet myself.