Formula 1...

'Dale

This was scary though.

http://dailynewsen.com/newsimages/Sebastian-Vettel-Does-It-Again-In-Monaco-But-Principality-Pauses-After-Sergio-Perez-Crash.jpg

yimg.com/i//ng/sp/eurosport/20110529/25/9db8d1c3289f42c2b09e362fa6bacb19.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/05/28/article-1391819-0C4F584B00000578-878_634x483.jpg

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you guys make of the Petrov accident?

Perez had a high speed accident and made nothing of it...I though that Petrov's accident looked harmless, but he got injured!?

Both cars took side-on nose damage!? Could it be that the Lotus are more fragile for weight reduction??

Anyway...I thought Hamilton was being reckless as he feels that he should be in the front fighting for the podium, NOT fighting for points at the back.

He is showing signs of desperation, but he is young and has lots to learn! He was punished for his actions, so cut him some slack.

(please note that I am not comparing him (or anyone else) to Senna ;))

I like Vettel, but I was silently hoping he would be taken out in the Petrov crash... :blush: (just to get the other drivers closer in the points chase)

Does anyone agree?

I feel sorry for Button, as I am sure he would've passed both Alonso & Vettel were it not for the redflag which allowed Vettel to get fresh tyres...

Edited by Shift

I feel sorry for Button, as I am sure he would've passed both Alonso & Vettel were it not for the redflag which allowed Vettel to get fresh tyres...

I have to agree with you there, it also could have turned nasty. If it was Hamilton instead of Button it would have turned nasty. Causing accidents doesn't make you a good driver, avoiding them does. As Martin Brundle correctly stated; Lewis Hamilton's "problem" is that when something goes wrong, it is always someone else's fault (Note, that is an old Prost trade). Also, the red flag tyre changed rule actually ruined the last laps.

Nico Rosberg was extremely lucky with his crash in practice. If he had connected that barrier at the angle and speed he was moving after hitting the armco, he would not have walked away unharmed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kb_rDB278iA

Edited by nathrix™ ® ©

I have to agree with you there, it also could have turned nasty. If it was Hamilton instead of Button it would have turned nasty. Causing accidents doesn't make you a good driver, avoiding them does. As Martin Brundle correctly stated; Lewis Hamilton's "problem" is that when something goes wrong, it is always someone else's fault (Note, that is an old Prost trade). Also, the red flag tyre changed rule actually ruined the last laps.

Nico Rosberg was extremely lucky with his crash in practice. If he had connected that barrier at the angle and speed he was moving after hitting the armco, he would not have walked away unharmed.

When I saw this on telly I thought he had steering failure, but if you slow at 15-17 sec it looks like a 'bump' in the road surface threw the back out, and he was too close to the curb to correct out of the armco. But how fast was his correction!?

That's exactly the same thing Perez did...The commentator's said that you have to stay to the right (the left of the screen) coming out of the tunnel to avoid that bumb.

If he hit that wall at that speed he would've joined Kubica on the recovery bench!

What do you guys make of the Petrov accident?

Perez had a high speed accident and made nothing of it...I though that Petrov's accident looked harmless, but he got injured!?

Both cars took side-on nose damage!? Could it be that the Lotus are more fragile for weight reduction??

Anyway...I thought Hamilton was being reckless as he feels that he should be in the front fighting for the podium, NOT fighting for points at the back.

He is showing signs of desperation, but he is young and has lots to learn! He was punished for his actions, so cut him some slack.

(please note that I am not comparing him (or anyone else) to Senna ;))

I like Vettel, but I was silently hoping he would be taken out in the Petrov crash... :blush: (just to get the other drivers closer in the points chase)

Does anyone agree?

Gents I agree the Senna / Prost era was indeed the hayday of F1, but due to technological advances, Rule changes, etc, We will never see what we saw in those days. F1 is about the machine as much as the driver, If Senna did one race under todays rules like he drove back in the day he would loose his super license after the first outlap. So nope you cannot compare.

It was Senna / Prost then it was Hakkinen / Schumacher (pitty haki didnt continue longer) and now it will be Hami and Seb Three different era's with three different characteristics, and in 15 years we will all say sh!t you remember the Seb / Hami racing man those were the days.

And yeah how boring did the race end up, though I have to also say it had the potential to have been one of the best Monaco races in history if it wasnt for that saftey car. and the red flag.

My 2 bits. No one will ever come close to Senna but you gotta see Ham's attitude as "Senna-esque"

As for yesterday, there were a few passes made at hairpin. It takes two to make an accident. Ham yielded to Schu at hairpin, Schu yieled to Ham at St Devote. On the flip side Massa turned into Ham at hairpin. And Maldonado turned (like prost on senna, suzuka) into Ham at St Devote. This is supposed to be racing. If drivers are penalised for trying to pass and other drivers are not penalised for not looking in their mirrors then where will that lead? Yawn fest sunday afternoon snooze....

I share your sentiments on this one. :thumbup:

He was quoted as saying that he was waiting for Alonso and Vettel to trip over each other. He had stopped pushing in the last bit after he caught Alonso. He did have the faster car though. :huh:

It was Senna / Prost then it was Hakkinen / Schumacher (pitty haki didnt continue longer) and now it will be Hami and Seb Three different era's with three different characteristics, and in 15 years we will all say sh!t you remember the Seb / Hami racing man those were the days.

He also had no personality.

But lets not forget the reckless thorn in Schumi's side was Villeneuve.

As much as i respect oupa schumi, he was the most reckless driver when he was not in front, hell the commentators on a couple occasions this year labeled him driving like a "donkey" becuase of his bump car tactics. Which makes this whole hami debate moot, the guy touches one car in 3 seasons of racing and now he is an aggressive driver.

And i also find it weird that its also always those loosers Alonso and Massa doing all the bitching and complaining, None of the respected drivers complain about his driving style.

I would liken Hamilton to Villeneuve (Jacques, not Gilles)

And i also find it weird that its also always those loosers Alonso and Massa doing all the bitching and complaining, None of the respected drivers complain about his driving style.

Alonso was well trained to be a cry-baby whilst at Renault. :thumbdown:

As for the commentators...if it is not a brit in front, he is an idiot.....if Button drove the way the commentators spoke of him he would have lapped Vettel three times :lol:

Edited by DaLoCo

lol and then the Alsonso who laid a complaint about Hami's driving this weekend says the following

'I was ready to overtake, and if we crash, then we crash'

So what makes him different than Hami, the only difference was Hami actually attmepted the passing.

Edited by covie