Ferrari makes 2nd step.

Webber gets third.

Ma man Hammie gets 4th.

Seb reigns.

Ferrari makes 2nd step.

Webber gets third.

Ma man Hammie gets 4th.

Really?

The race I watched, Alonso was the turd, Webber da silver? :)

And then I crossed over to the motorbikes and saw Max Biaggi being shafted by the comissaires...

Really?

The race I watched, Alonso was the turd, Webber da silver? :)

And then I crossed over to the motorbikes and saw Max Biaggi being shafted by the comissaires...

Yeah, you're right, man.

Webber 2nd!

Alonso 3rd.

Thanx for the correction. :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

any following the blown-diffuser controversy?

Sounds juicy!

Let me read the news...

What is the grid looking like in Espanol?

for others not clued up on the blown-diffuser issue:

Diffuser protests possible, admits Whiting

20 May 2011

FIA Technical Delegate Charlie Whiting has explained that teams using clever off-throttle engine map settings to keep exhaust gases flowing over their cars' diffusers could face protests after the Spanish Grand Prix, despite deciding not to ban the performance-enhancing technique at the Circuit de Catalunya.

Virgin and Hispania Racing are examples of outfits that do not currently use the method meaning they, among others, could decide to complain after the event.

"It is always a possibility," Whiting replied when asked about the possibility of protests. "I have made that clear to the teams that it could happen and then we will take it to the stewards in the normal way.

"We have always maintained in all of our technical directives that we have sent for many years now that this is merely the opinion of the technical department. Anyone is free to challenge it in front of the stewards, it doesn't happen very often but it has happened in the past. As you know with the brakes in Brazil, in 1998."

Whiting added that he could not rule out the possible disqualification of cars if a protest is lodged, but insists it is unlikely: "I would like to think that it probably wouldn't happen, but one never knows. It is not beyond the realms of possibility. A protest is open to anybody as you know and then it will go before the stewards."

Sauce

The story according to Hispania, F1 stragglers:

Formula One stragglers Hispania have refused to rule out a protest against most other teams that could cast a cloud of uncertainty over Sunday's Spanish Grand Prix.

"I think some teams are running illegally, simple as that," team principal Colin Kolles told Reuters before Saturday's final practice session at the Circuit de Catalunya.

Asked whether he might protest after the race, he replied: "Maybe, I don't know. I will see."

International Automobile Federation (FIA) race director Charlie Whiting told reporters on Friday that the governing body was concerned about engine mapping systems that give an aerodynamic advantage by ensuring a constant flow of exhaust gases through the rear of the car even when a driver lifts off the throttle.

The FIA had planned an immediate ban but then delayed that until a meeting of the technical working group after next weekend's Monaco Grand Prix.

Whiting said what was originally seen as a "fairly benign feature" had turned into something that the FIA believed was being used illegally and wanted to suppress.

He warned all teams using the systems that they risked a protest after Sunday's race.

"I've told the teams we have decided to postpone this introduction but this (a protest) could happen," he said. "It's always a possibility."

Virgin Racing do not have such systems but team principal John Booth told Reuters they were highly unlikely to protest.

Booth suggested Kolles might be trying to deflect attention from what could be a difficult qualifying session for Hispania at their home race, with the tail-enders struggling to get on the grid.

However, Kolles, whose Cosworth-powered team have yet to score a point in Formula One, brushed that aside.

"I look really unhappy because we would have introduced our blown diffuser here," he said. "It was planned to have a new exhaust system here, as the others have, and then this notification came out.

"On Monday I spoke to (technical head) Geoff (Willis), pushing to get the parts on the car, and he said 'No, we have to review this because there is this clarification from the FIA,'" said the team boss.

"So we basically went then in a different direction and two days later you change it, and I am not happy with this."

Team Lotus, who were newcomers with Virgin and Hispania last year, plan to use the systems in Spain in a bid to close the gap and join the mid-grid battle.

"We have our new exhaust system on and we are using things that ... we think they're legal," technical head Mike Gascoyne told Reuters.

"I don't see how you could say it's illegal. We'll have to see. In the end if someone wants to protest, that's Formula One. We'll run the car to the optimum and we'll see what happens."

Sore Sorce

Aaaah!

What a duel between Seb and Hammie yesterday!!

Mclaren 2nd and 3rd.

1st to the mercurial Vettel and Red Bull.

Do you think it is Sebastian's bicycle choice that makes him such a good F1 driver?

(It is a cycling forum after all)

post-11323-0-46507100-1306227116.jpg

Hope Red Bull manage to sort out Vettel's KERS issues.....as not having it will be a definite disadvantage at Monaco :huh:

Lewis Hamilton rode like a South African taxi driver at Monaco this weekend :thumbdown: :thumbup: :unsure:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/05/29/article-0-0C53CA3600000578-484_634x347.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/05/29/article-0-0C5310BC00000578-553_634x406.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/05/29/article-0-0C53B4B200000578-148_634x420.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/05/29/article-1392218-0C53492C00000578-387_634x437.jpg

Hamilton is an idiot and a spoilt brat...he should've been disqualified, as he obviously did not learn from the drive-through :thumbdown: