Formula 1...

'Dale

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quick rant, but how the heck does that corrupt idiot Bernie Ecclestone continue to have races in Bahrain, a country with no Formula 1 fans? The few stands that they actually have at the track were probably 80% empty on raceday.

Obviously its all about the money, but its still bull!

The lights made it seem very pretty, but ja. Serious lack of fans, not just Bahrain but some other races aswell. Why host races where the fans are not interested. The Yeongam race is the same, imagine if they had to bring F1 back to this country how packed it would be.

Back to the noses - the safety idea behind this was to lower the impact point in possible collisions. Even before the first race, Adrian Newey said this may lead to "submarining". That said, prior to noses starting to lift for aero effect, everybody had low noses (which actually looked much better than anything recent) and I don't recall many (if any) submarining incidents.

This was the case in the first race with Massa - there's a very interesting photo of that somewhere, will post if I find it. But yesterday, as has been stated, was wheel-on-wheel, that can happen in any open-wheel formula.

Quick rant, but how the heck does that corrupt idiot Bernie Ecclestone continue to have races in Bahrain, a country with no Formula 1 fans? The few stands that they actually have at the track were probably 80% empty on raceday.

Obviously its all about the money, but its still bull!

Would be a pity if they stopped the race in Bahrain.

The track is a stunner, always produces good racing, pity it's in a country that doesn't appreciate motorsport.

Agreed - by far one of the better Tilke-designed tracks! Overtaking is actually possible.

But I'd actually love to see some of the "old" European tracks back. And, of course something local - but the odds for that is... ja well.

I see they want to make the engines louder, how do the plan going on about that?

I thought the exhaust would be as efficient and loud as possible already. Maybe they should just up the RPM another 3500rpm again :)

18500 rpm with a turbo, that would be interesting.

Ag, I just want to see more than 2 cars battling for the top spot. Good to see williams and force india up there early on, as with most things, Ferrari and Mclaren can throw tons of money at the problem and catch up, would be great seeing a 6-8 race for pole!

I see they want to make the engines louder, how do the plan going on about that?

I thought the exhaust would be as efficient and loud as possible already. Maybe they should just up the RPM another 3500rpm again :)

Ag, I just want to see more than 2 cars battling for the top spot. Good to see williams and force india up there early on, as with most things, Ferrari and Mclaren can throw tons of money at the problem and catch up, would be great seeing a 6-8 race for pole!

To up the revs they would have to up the amount of liters allowed. They are going to test a possible solution or two post Barcelona during the in-season test they have.

To up the revs they would have to up the amount of liters allowed.

The other thing I really do not like about this season: F1 2014 is an economy-run not a race!

I recall watching a program a while back, where they spoke about the old turbo engines. That 1500 Bmw turbo motor could produce almost 1500 horsepower. Imagine what they could achieve today with the new technology and adding the electric power unit aswell. I think they have to limit the fuel or the guys are going to kill themselves. Cars will be waaay to powerfull.

Renault and Ferrari support an increase in Fuel flow. The 100L/hr only allows a max rpm of about 11,000 rpm. With unrestricted fuel flow but 110Kg race fuel allowance the engines can deelop bhp to their potential and increase the noise levels.

Mercedes are of course not in favour because they have ben working on their project since thr rules were finalised in 2011. renault and Ferrari are behind the game right now simply due to less development time.

the other way to increase the noise is to remove the MGU-H from the turbo exhaust. Audi has dropped this unit from their R-18Tdi for Le Mans because they simply do not get a benefit out of it with a diesel engine.

the current engine formula is flawed. The original orld Engine concept would have been much better and allowed more engine manufacturers in F1. But F1 teams have a knack of shooting themselves in the foot and then blaming the FIA

I recall watching a program a while back, where they spoke about the old turbo engines. That 1500 Bmw turbo motor could produce almost 1500 horsepower. Imagine what they could achieve today with the new technology and adding the electric power unit aswell. I think they have to limit the fuel or the guys are going to kill themselves. Cars will be waaay to powerfull.

1200Bhp in qualifiying trim but then the engine had to be removed and rebuilt. In those days they used qualifying engines and qualifying tyres

If they wanna make the cars slower and more efficient then just take those stupid wings off.

"Aerodynamics are for car manufacturers that do not know how to build engines." - Enzo Farrari

1200Bhp in qualifiying trim but then the engine had to be removed and rebuilt. In those days they used qualifying engines and qualifying tyres

1200 hp is still plenty. would make for some interesting racing.

If they allow the teams to use up to 1300hp, but they must stick to 110l and 100kg/h and 5 engines a season. Then if you under performing have to sacrifice reliability for some speed

the problem with the rules is that you had to perform rather poorly AKA like Mercedes for the past few seasons so that all your resources went into 2014. The engine freeze rules are also pretty stupid since it does not allow for the development of the engines during the season. Renault pretty much know their issue is software and turbo related. Ferrari don't know where they went wrong. Sorting these problems out is going to take time and money which means if you don't have a Merc engine in 2015, you're fooked.

I am surprised Renault is so far behind because Nissan has some really awsome active hybrid technology.

I also suspect that Red Bull will powered by Porsche in 2015...

the problem with the rules is that you had to perform rather poorly AKA like Mercedes for the past few seasons so that all your resources went into 2014. The engine freeze rules are also pretty stupid since it does not allow for the development of the engines during the season. Renault pretty much know their issue is software and turbo related. Ferrari don't know where they went wrong. Sorting these problems out is going to take time and money which means if you don't have a Merc engine in 2015, you're fooked.

I am surprised Renault is so far behind because Nissan has some really awsome active hybrid technology.

I also suspect that Red Bull will powered by Porsche in 2015...

So you can't develop the engine away from f1 in the factory and test in mule cars?

Seems stooopid that they want to strive for efficiency and fuel saving and what not but not allow teams to develop motors during the season.

11 000 rpm from a motor, how difficult would it for them to put these motors in la Ferrari or p1? Then just "develop" road motor?