Cajees rip-off

mrbaker

I will never waste my time with them, bought my bike from them,,,50km later my crank was screwed as they never tightened it properly as well as various other issues with the bike,,long story short the response from them was to consider upgrading :angry: :angry:

Probike came to my office, collected the bike, repaired it and returned it back to me a week later...so only two words for cajees,,,,fluck them!!!!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a new deore crank for same price as CWC and they fitted it for free at Cajees.

I pay about R220 for wirebead crossmarks, other shops want near on R250-270 (if you can find them)

The shop can be expensive but you have to do your homework. They wanted over R1000+ for Camelbak Lobo, CWC had one for R600.

My biggest moan about the one at Princess crossing is the state of the shop, so much stock and you cannot walk anywhere because of boxes, parts, tools, crap all over the floor. Their staff are pretty lame as well so you need to do your homework.

It's called a free market system. It is the principle by which ours and all other capitalist counties work. They have the choice to charge what they want and you have the choice to buy or reject it.

Always got good service and very competitive pricing from the Boksburg store. Like any LBS build a relationship with the guys in the shop and you will receive good value for your money.

As for begging for a discount you don't have to beg and if you are not willing to negotiate a better price then you are probably not a very good business man. You need to start thinking of yourself as an enterprise and much like any well run business you always haggle for the best price be it in a Cajees store or a Cycle Lab store. Most businesses get three quotes why don't you as an individual apply the same policy, I'll tell you why cause you are lazy and want everything handed to you on a silver platter, welcome to the real world. It is a free market system and at the very least its a breath of fresh air to know that these guys were not involved in the price fixing scheme - I really wonder who is trying to rip off who here?

Cajees cycles in Fourways are asking R750-00 :angry: for a Conti Race King 2.2 UST...

CW has them for R450-00 + postage

Westdene has them for R450-00

The sad thing is that people obviously pay the price at Cajees without realising the ridiculous markup...

sorry guys but all Cajees stock is neg:), the marked price is for those who are scared to negotiate

i have bought 2 bikes kit spares ect from Cajees in Evenvale. Best shop i have gone to. I made it very clear to them in the bigging that i want there best price. I have shopped around my whole life. I get about a 10% discount from the net price of CWC. Its a bargain and they help me plenty... My opinion Cajees rocks!

Also at Cajees...For those same tyres I was quoted R895 down to R595.Absolutely ridiculous...

WHY should an unsuspecting customer be ripped off at any time, and WHY should one have to bargain with them.That is not business, that is LETS SEE HOW MUCH WE CAN STILL MAKE OUT OF THE CUSTOMER.

Their so called huge stock holdings???? A lot of that is on consignment. They also try to use a trading clause, as that another cycle shop within the same district does not carry the same brand of bikes..That to me is rubbish...

I do not shop there anymore.

In some cultures you have to bargain and it's expexted....I love it...in Thailand I pretended to have a heart attack at some of their prices... Got some killer bargains...your gotta remember that they will never let it go for less than what they paid for it......it's not about ripping anybody off...it's only culture....

That I do not agree with..Can you imagine if EVERY INDIAN business had to do the same, where you have to bargain before you buy. I don't think so...My 2c worth.

And anyway you are not getting a bargain, because they will only bring the price down to the normal selling price.

Hmm, I dont know, I dont bargain, I ask the price and if I consider it not value for money I go elsewhere. If a retailer expects me to bargain and overquotes with this in mind, he generally wont get my business.

I have bought a few things at Cajees Fourways and most times they just gave me a discount without my asking, but my general opinion of Cajees is they are very good businessmen, there is no other shop in Gauteng (or I would hazard the country) with the value of stock in their stores, so they have to be doing something right.

AGREED AND AGEED.

i am not a bragaining man, hate that nothing has a price on it, basically they could tell you anything and if your a noob you would buy it, this specifically irritates me when someone like my fiance or parents want to buy me a gift or something for my cycling and end up spending double on something that i didnt really need in the begining, just hate that style of business.

Always got good service and very competitive pricing from the Boksburg store. Like any LBS build a relationship with the guys in the shop and you will receive good value for your money.

As for begging for a discount you don't have to beg and if you are not willing to negotiate a better price then you are probably not a very good business man. You need to start thinking of yourself as an enterprise and much like any well run business you always haggle for the best price be it in a Cajees store or a Cycle Lab store. Most businesses get three quotes why don't you as an individual apply the same policy, I'll tell you why cause you are lazy and want everything handed to you on a silver platter, welcome to the real world. It is a free market system and at the very least its a breath of fresh air to know that these guys were not involved in the price fixing scheme - I really wonder who is trying to rip off who here?

Theres a world of differance between getting three quotes and going into a store and bargaining with someone - its not even on the same page.

I also dont believe in bargaining at any retailer, do you bargain at your local Spar, butchery, coffee shop, restaurant, vehicle workshop, barber, pool chemical supplier, do you bargain at your kids school for better school fees, do you bargain with your attorney when you need a legal document, your doctor when you are sick, how about the chemist, do you ask for cheaper medicine costs too, do you take a trip to the local nursery and bargain for cheaper flowers,........No, I am pretty sure you dont, so I dont for the life of me see why its okay to bargain at a bicycle shop.?

Offer me a fair price that I feel is good value and I'll buy it, I am not going to demean myself by haggling around for 30 minutes to get a 10% discount, I'll shop elsewhere.

Couldn't agree more. I don't have the time / will to haggle on everything I buy. Imagine you walk in to stock up on spares and you need to haggle a price for tubes, tyres, tools, lube, etc. It'll turn the whole experience into a long and frustrating affair.

Personally I'll sus out a shop and if I get a sniff that the prices aren't kosher I'll do an about-turn and won't go back. I don't believe in supporting businesses that take advantage of the uninformed. I shouldn't have to spend hours online gauging a market price before walking in to the shop.

Cajees is the only bike store I ask for discount and you will ba amazed at how much they will come down too