Cajees rip-off

mrbaker

Video store an actor, bottle store owner alcoholic, Adult sex shop a sex maniac :unsure:

:o , what a 3 some to choose ...... any particular area of expertise ?

head in, tuck, role, and swan dive out the 3rd floor window ....nooooooo left my keys .........

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:o , what a 3 some to choose ...... any particular area of expertise ?

head in, tuck, role, and swan dive out the 3rd floor window ....nooooooo left my keys .........

Jack Master of all trades :D

I also went into Cajees fourwyas they straight a way knocked off 2k on a bike.

I thought great then I called Linden and Westdene for a price they were cheaper then Cajees straight off over the phone so No I dont go to Cajees anymore and they are around the corner. They also dont seem to want to order something that they dont have stock of and want to sell you something on the floor.

It is hard to imagine after five years of hub moaning about Westdene Cajees and Solomons that the same people still go into these shops. Are you addicted to their way of trade or simply addited to their bargaining power, because somehow us the public is keeping them in business for over 80 years each in the case of Cajees and Wesdene. I support both whenever I need something. By the way I notice many of the complainants also moan about Cyclelab.

I had to buy some training wheels last week, Stopped at Cajee's on my way from work, price sounded a bit high so decided to go to Westdene on saturday morning, got the same wheelset at Westdene for R1400 cheaper than Cajees best price.

I think you just have to know your prices.

So the owner of a hardware store must be a DIY geek, gardener, welder, painter etc. Hell forbid what the owner of a Pick and Pay Family store must all be able to do, or a Chemist must be abe to do.

uhm lmao...............

well hardware store owner shud be diy geek otherwise wtf he got hardware store for??? just to make cash then ^%%$# him, & as for PNP i dun need there advice just sell by dates and milk,,,. and chemists usually are trained unless urs is a crack dealer....LOOL

if u dun know ur job gtf out of my way..

That depends, do you buy your drugs from the drug store or the drug lord?

Normally the chemist needs a qualification of sorts :blush:

sorry neva saw ur post before i posted mine.. thnx tankman for pre educating the ....shmendrik :lol:

Video store an actor, bottle store owner alcoholic, Adult sex shop a sex maniac :unsure:

thnx scotty.. perfectly said :clap:

Edited by 2nutz

I would rather miss a ride on my bike and wait to get it from somewhere else than buy anything from Cajees!

Their concept of make it up way above recommended retail and asking for discount is so 80's style.

Just a pity that they manage to catch so many uninformed shoppers!

Then they still have the cheek to complain & threaten their suppliers about supplying small bicycle stores in their area!

Well, if you change the the name from Cajees to Cycle Lab this statement also rings true.

Theres a world of differance between getting three quotes and going into a store and bargaining with someone - its not even on the same page.

I also dont believe in bargaining at any retailer, do you bargain at your local Spar, butchery, coffee shop, restaurant, vehicle workshop, barber, pool chemical supplier, do you bargain at your kids school for better school fees, do you bargain with your attorney when you need a legal document, your doctor when you are sick, how about the chemist, do you ask for cheaper medicine costs too, do you take a trip to the local nursery and bargain for cheaper flowers,........No, I am pretty sure you dont, so I dont for the life of me see why its okay to bargain at a bicycle shop.?

Offer me a fair price that I feel is good value and I'll buy it, I am not going to demean myself by haggling around for 30 minutes to get a 10% discount, I'll shop elsewhere.

Dude, I don't bargain at my local spar because the difference in petrol money to get from spar to Pick n Pay far outweighs the price difference of a bottle of tomato sauce. Get realistic here for a minute please and stop being so pedantic.

Tell me if you are going to drop 40K on a bike or 1k on a bike part are you not going to shop around for the best deal (3 quotes)? That's kind of the point being made here, it's really got nothing to do with the R20 box of constipation tablets you buy from your local pharmacy. Fact of the matter is that if you are too lazy to do some homework and determine what the correct price to pay for goods is then you deserve to be parted from your cash - you will remember that saying a fool and his money are soon parted. It is certainly NOT the responsibility of the retailer to inform you as to what market value is, after all market value is what a consumer is willing to pay for a product.

They just have a different business model which requires that the consumer be educated about the product which they are purchasing. Asking anyone for that matter for a discount is not demeaning it is good economics. People don't get discount at their local stores because they don't ask for it - period!!

Even pensioners need to go ask their local Spar for the pensioners discount you don't see the manager hopping around with the pensioners discount key every time an old person walks into their shop. In fact have you ever seen a pensioners discount sign displayed at a SPAR - NO!! Well they can get one and are entitled to one but I guess the fact that it is not openly displayed puts Spar into the same category as Cajees then?

Dude, I don't bargain at my local spar because the difference in petrol money to get from spar to Pick n Pay far outweighs the price difference of a bottle of tomato sauce. Get realistic here for a minute please and stop being so pedantic.

Tell me if you are going to drop 40K on a bike or 1k on a bike part are you not going to shop around for the best deal (3 quotes)? That's kind of the point being made here, it's really got nothing to do with the R20 box of constipation tablets you buy from your local pharmacy. Fact of the matter is that if you are too lazy to do some homework and determine what the correct price to pay for goods is then you deserve to be parted from your cash - you will remember that saying a fool and his money are soon parted. It is certainly NOT the responsibility of the retailer to inform you as to what market value is, after all market value is what a consumer is willing to pay for a product.

They just have a different business model which requires that the consumer be educated about the product which they are purchasing. Asking anyone for that matter for a discount is not demeaning it is good economics. People don't get discount at their local stores because they don't ask for it - period!!

Even pensioners need to go ask their local Spar for the pensioners discount you don't see the manager hopping around with the pensioners discount key every time an old person walks into their shop. In fact have you ever seen a pensioners discount sign displayed at a SPAR - NO!! Well they can get one and are entitled to one but I guess the fact that it is not openly displayed puts Spar into the same category as Cajees then?

Im gonna get my mum to do all my shopping, even at the bike shop - Pensioners discount, wooo hoooo.

Newbies shop around for the best deal on the bike, when they find it they think they have found a well priced shop. If it is Cajees then they get shafted on the accessories - Finish and klar, that is their business model.

remember you can negotiate at cajees , Let the know the price and they will sell it to you for R449,50 - serious . . . serious

See thats the whole problem, the attitude its lets rip people off, but to those who did their homework and knows a little something we will give it at martket value.

With business principles like that good luck with those who deal with them. And even if they bought the stock back when at inflated prices they still need to be competative so thats when they will have to unfortuanitly take a knock. But the fact that they willing to match prices just tell me that the items were not bought at inflated prices, just sold at inflated prices.

Sure Scotty but one would expect a retailer to possess product knowledge for the goods they are purveyors of. Much like you would like your investment broker to know what the hell they are doing with your cash.