Royal Mail International CRC order

RodTi

Ha ha - been using elbow grease, but that chainscrubber works a treat - and I'm getting lazy!

I feel your pain, nothing like a machine to do the business :thumbup:

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The wait doesn't depend on Royal Mail: it depends on customs at Cape Mail in Thornton.

I've waited 2 months for my last 5 overseas buys.

This is so much of true, any delayed order is 90% of the time to do with delays when it enters SA.

I've also been waiting 6 weeks plus for my last few orders, not just from CRC but stuff from the USA as well.

My last order sent via Royal Mail took 4 weeks to arrive. There was a one week delay at my post office to get the collection slip out notifying me of the arrival of the parcel and the SARS duties payable.

• 2 weeks later...

My 1st order early this year with Parcel Force took 1 week.

But the one using Royal Mail...i received the slips after 4 weeks.. i guess it's our post office slow to send the slip...

• 2 weeks later...

My recent order:

* CRC order: 05/04/2011 23:37:22 (Tuesday)

* CRC dispatch 07/04/2011 (Thursday)

* SARS notification: 18/04/2011 (Monday)

* SAPO notification sent: 20/04/2011 (Wednesday)

So 14 days from order till notification (not counting the 5th as it was at night) - 8 working days to get to SARS and be cleared, 2 working days to get to my SAPO and notification sent to my physical address.

Items ordered 303.31 ZAR & Duties is R 65.57 (21,2%)

Not so sure why so much but its:

KMC Z82 8sp Half Silver - Each 85.34 ZAR

Clarks D3 City Grips - Black - Grey28.37 ZAR

Shimano V-Brake Cartridge Pads M70R2 - Severe Condition x 4 @ 47.40 ZAR

These days, when I order from CRC, I cough in a bit extra and go for the UPS shipping option. I just don't trust the local mail service anymore. I'd rather pay in one or two hundred bucks and have the piece of mind that I'm actually going to get my stuff. Also saves me the admin of having to go to the post office, for which I just don't have time (that little annoyance they call work keeps getting in the way).

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All,

Just picked up my RM/SAPO package - see the notification was sent out on 20 April 2011 - but was on vacation, so I only picked it up today...

That puts it in at +/- 20 days from date of order, which is really not bad imo.

Guess I will be using it again on smallish items :thumbup:

With this being said - I'm lucky in that my local SAPO is run by two Tannies who have been there for ages... :P

• 3 weeks later...

whats the common duties that would have to paid when buying from CRC?

do you just add VAT when collecting at customs in cpt or is there duties and all sorts of stuff aswell?

Cos im thinking if i order some super bling stuff for my bike its really cheap from CRC, but if i have to add 20% and then still add VAT (had to do this once when ordering a car part from states) then it becomes really pricey (oh ya and add shipping) O_O

im not trying to be cheap or anything but the stuff available online is soo way cooler than local, thats the only reason i want to order online.

so whats the verdict?

whats the common duties that would have to paid when buying from CRC?

do you just add VAT when collecting at customs in cpt or is there duties and all sorts of stuff aswell?

Cos im thinking if i order some super bling stuff for my bike its really cheap from CRC, but if i have to add 20% and then still add VAT (had to do this once when ordering a car part from states) then it becomes really pricey (oh ya and add shipping) O_O

im not trying to be cheap or anything but the stuff available online is soo way cooler than local, thats the only reason i want to order online.

so whats the verdict?

Plenty of questions there, RD... :rolleyes:

Best bet would be to take a squizz over at the Online Shopping forum, here on the Hub. Each one of your questions have been asked (and then some), and answered - often at length... You will find all you need to know over there! Shout if you're still battling!

• 3 weeks later...

i placed a small order on yesterday with the royal mail postage option, they emailed today to says its shipped so lets start counting........

• 2 weeks later...

got my slip yesterday, so exactly 2 weeks form order with untracked royal mail service.......

• 2 weeks later...

Small order placed on 22 June - slip/1st notification arrived yesterday - picked up today... 2 weeks! :thumbup: