Another Bikejacking

pezulu

I see there are quite a lot of guys taking on Intern for his comments and being out of SA.

He made a decision for him and his family for a safer lifestyle,who can blame him.I still see some of the crime stats from SA and it is getting worse buy the month.The crimes against children are increasing at a shocking rate.

Gen Cele has farked up the crime plan for the next 2 years and nothing is done about it.

In 2007 when bike hi-jackings started to increase the Police were warned and nothing was done.There was a debate about it on here to.Still nothing is done about it.

I also had to make a decision and left SA but i can sleep at night without having to worry if i will be attacked again and i can go shopping and not have to worry if my wife will get shot at again.My kids can play in the park and i don't have to worry about them.

You can't blame the people for leaving SA

+10000

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its difficult to understand and cope with the outcast issue for a while. From experience of living overseas and returning I feel I am more of a foreigner in my own country than anywhere else. Jobs are not easy to come by if you are a specific gender and colour and the general looks of distaste I get (maybe I over analyze things) are not welcoming. It seems that I fall in the inconvenient group that are only useful for the tax we pay and nothing else.

I had nothing to do with the past nor did my family benefit in anyway yet I am punished - "currently disadvantaged".

I dont enjoy having to ride and drive around with peppersprays or batons nor having to keep in constant contact with those I care about when they are out and about to confirm they have arrived ok.

I am very proud of those that are overseas and are making the best of it - the best of a real situation !

I have come to terms with the understanding that for the rest of my life, whether I remain is SA or live overseas, that I will be seen as a foreigner.

Edited by Klaus

Its difficult to understand and cope with the outcast issue for a while. From experience of living overseas and returning I feel I am more of a foreigner in my own country than anywhere else. Jobs are not easy to come by if you are a specific gender and colour and the general looks of distaste I get (maybe I over analyze things) are not welcoming. It seems that I fail in the inconvenient group that are only useful for the tax we pay and nothing else.

I had nothing to do with the past nor did my family benefit in anyway yet I am punished - "currently disadvantaged".

I dont enjoy having to ride and drive around with peppersprays ingor batons nor hav keep in constant contact with those I care about when they are out and about to confirm they have arrived ok.

I am very proud of those that are overseas and are making the best of it - the best of a real situation !

I have come to terms with the understanding that for the rest of my life, whether I remain is SA or live overseas, that I will be seen as a foreigner.

Sad but true :(

Its a dilema, no doubt.

I don't want to emigrate and leave my job, friends and family behind. On the other hand I don't want to get hacked with a panga while riding my mountain bike.

All good points Chubba. It is not easy. But for NZ$30 a month, I can call internationally unlimited, which helps I suppose. And there are so many Saffas here already that it's almost difficult to meet Kiwis. What is noteworthy is that most people I know have considered emigration, one way or another. It is drastic action; but if you read the news and think about where the country is headed, and if you understand what 'relative deprivation' is, it is hard to escape the conclusion that the things you have are wanted by 'the masses' who are encouraged to feel that they are entitled to it.

Intern, as a veteran emigrator of note (I liked it so much, I did it twice!) I can possibly give you a bit of advice regarding talking about your experiences and I'll do it with the help of a cycling example: Often non-cyclists (the emptyness of their lives shock me, but that's another story...) ask me about doping in cycling and why everyone dopes and I've realised that all my arguments and well thought out examples just don't seem to through the wall of inexperience. Nothing seems to work, so I've resorted to the only thing that works: I nod, say "Doping sucks" and walk away. I advise something similar regarding emigration....

Doping sucks

"I have come to terms with the understanding that for the rest of my life, whether I remain is SA or live overseas, that I will be seen as a foreigner."

Practice speaking with an Ozzy accent and they will never know the differance.

"Goodaaaai Maayte!" :lol:

Anyway. Greener grass and all that. I went for a ride on the road on Sunday, 54km, not a pothole. Not a bikejacker. Not a worry. The grass IS greener here. And I would encourage you to take heed of the glaringly obvious messages being sent to you by your government; the sooner, the better for you. It takes a lot to move countries but by god it is worth it.

Sounds so boring, here i get to dodge bullets, taxis,machete wielding gangsters when i go riding...why would I leave all of that...oh yeah..I ain't a scared mutherfluffer . I a bad mutherfluffer..and anybody that f**ks with me or my family will get it back double.

Thanks for the comments guys. I really don't mind if people chune me straight, back. It doesn't hurt me, after all, I dish it out straight as well. I do think, however, that this sort of dialogue is very important. I am mulling a new blog which looks at the possibly scary idea that the grass really is greener on the other side.

I have a favourite quote, 'People are as afraid of success as they are of failure. We engineer our own doom.' It may be even more scary to imagine that there is a better way. I can tell you, as can the other people who have given the emigration thing a try, that it isn't easy. It isn't fun. It isn't quick. I really believe, however, that it IS necessary. You are not welcome, and it isn't even as if the government is being subtle about it.

And you guys all know what a big mouth I have. So it is inevitable that I will shoot it off. There are no bike jackings here, no drawing pins on the road, no glass, no potholes, great trails. I'm not gonna keep quiet about that.

There are fewer races, though. And by that I mean events...and maybe more than that.

Thanks for the comments guys. I really don't mind if people chune me straight, back. It doesn't hurt me, after all, I dish it out straight as well. I do think, however, that this sort of dialogue is very important. I am mulling a new blog which looks at the possibly scary idea that the grass really is greener on the other side.

I have a favourite quote, 'People are as afraid of success as they are of failure. We engineer our own doom.' It may be even more scary to imagine that there is a better way. I can tell you, as can the other people who have given the emigration thing a try, that it isn't easy. It isn't fun. It isn't quick. I really believe, however, that it IS necessary. You are not welcome, and it isn't even as if the government is being subtle about it.

And you guys all know what a big mouth I have. So it is inevitable that I will shoot it off. There are no bike jackings here, no drawing pins on the road, no glass, no potholes, great trails. I'm not gonna keep quiet about that.

There are fewer races, though. And by that I mean events...and maybe more than that.

Hobbit !

Or perhaps I'll blow a gasket at the injustice of it all like Big H did and spontaneously self-combust. See there's another great reason for hanging around on another thread - more bikejacking action. When will it be YOUR turn, and will you entrust your life to some deranged, unwashed, ill-tempered mutated sea bass?

I dont understand one thing....why are you so mean to Sea Bass - i scuba dive and i love the big guys.

post-18409-0-34524500-1302072740.jpg

Ah dammit. Sorry Mr Sea Bass. But it is only the ill-tempered, mutated ones (sea of Japan, anyone?) to which I was referring.

That explains his hairy feet! :lol:

You leave my feet out of it or one of them may find it's way up your trouser!!

You leave my feet out of it or one of them may find it's way up your trouser!!

Just pulling your socks. Everyone who's seen you after a few knows you adopt the Gollum pose, not hobbit-like at all.