Bottelary Hills MTB Trails

Hellwarp

There is an awesome place, red roof diner. By safari and out door. They have R20 cappachino, and do cyclists breakfast, full breakfast and coffee for R50. They open around 7 if I recall correct. Stopped there half way though our ride on Saturday. It’s not that far off route.

https://www.facebook.com/redroofstellies/

They are where the steers used to be.

And it’s just off orange loop.

Edited by leon_pro

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We had a propper ride today - red, green, yellow from Asara. Detoured a bit to find mid-ride cuppachinos, tried Hazendal (closed) then out towards Devonvale again. Came right by turning in at the Vine guesthouse and riding a few km up to the restaurant up there - nice place. I think we missed the orange ST in our quest, and then did not have time to do some of the purple. Enjoyed the ride, nice flowey ST, will go back to ride purple, also want to do ystervark and skaapsteker . Hardtail was perfect, trails were benign and it made for less work on the hills.

Some first world problems;

Recommend a cuppachino spot on the orange side?

Asara would not serve us a post ride breakfast (11h30 was too close to 12h00 or something as breakfast is a 3 course only or something) and lunch only from 12h00. We could get spme snacks at the deli, but my mate is a banting ninja, does not eat before or during rides and could not come right there. No big deal but perhaps we can start from a different spot? Any suggestions for post ride bacon&eggs?

Was a lot of fun although the cappuccino situation almost got out of hand.

I will definitely be back. Awesome trails even a roadie can ride

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dammit, that is a lot of work that was done.  :clap:

Was thinking about them last week when I went down there and it was rather tight. 

Thanks @dirtman, much appreciated, I'll be blasting down there tomorrow morning early  :thumbup:  :clap:

Not my work  - Trail Blazer did it.

Thanks Dirtman en Trailblazers! :clap: :clap: :w00t: :w00t:

Very hard work in this heat!! Much appreciated.

Those pesky sticky leaves does not seem to be affected by the drought at all; was becoming a challenge not to be pulled off your bike by them :lol:

Trail fairies please come back to Fish Eagle! :blink:

Wild fig tree has come down on the bridge below the top dam wall, blocking the trail.
I came down there at full pace and only just managed to stop in time! :eek:

I broke and moved some branches to make it possible to pass, but it is still dangerous if you come down there at speed. :excl:

post-1452-0-18952300-1516535795_thumb.jpg

post-1452-0-11490400-1516536049_thumb.jpg

Edited by mountain_lion

Trail fairies please come back to Fish Eagle! :blink:

Wild fig tree has come down on the bridge below the top dam wall, blocking the trail.

I came down there at full pace and only just managed to stop in time! :eek:

Thanks trail fairies (aka land owner) for clearing the fig tree last week.

Several trees down on Ribbok today as expected during the windy season...

Fortunately not on blind corners.

There's a few more trees down in the forest section, nearly met one at pace this morning. Sorry for the brake marks :oops:

I've put a whatsapp group together for local Brackenfell/Kuilsriver riders who want to train together early morning in Bottelary Hills. Normally leave 5:30am and back by 7:30am. We mix the routes up but try cover 25km's +.

Pace is "Tempo" to get home in time for work so not much sight seeing happens but they not stupid fast either. Faster riders wait on top of the climbs. Medium fitness level will cope fine.

Send me a PM if you'd like me to add you to the group :thumbup: